Super tactical...G41 warrior Questions

Hi there! I am new to your brand. I just noticed the new forum and decided to have a look. Some nice offerings for sure! Good designs that seem to be of good materials.

The idea of a O1 Vietnam tactical hawk is very appealing to me.

I see they are sold out right now. Is it possible to obtain one of these before my camping trip first week of August?

I am aslo fond of your G41 warrior design and would probably get wich ever one comes first if they are availible in time.

I also wonder if by "double tempered" you mean that the edge is hardened for edge holding capability and the body is softer for absorbing impact.

And probably my biggest concern with hawks is the blade to handle juncture since I have seen some that are loose on some hawks. Any reassurances in the design or QA of maintaining that juncture?

Anyways Welcome....or welcome back to Bladeforums....I hope to try out one fo your hawks soon if all works out.

I am not sure what the delivery times are right now for them but I do know that Vic and Sue are good people and are doing their best to keep up with demand.

The G41 is a great hawk. The handle head junction is very strong. If I remember right Vic gets nearly a full inch of acetal into the eye (don't quote me on that :D ) making it very tough to break or dislodge the handle from the head.

Which ever hawk you go with I am sure that you will be happy with the quality and amount of hawk that you will get for the money.

thanks for the reply. :)

I emailed them the questions figurin' that would be best.

Do you own one of the G41 hawks?

It looks like a hybrid of the next-gen ranger spike hawk and the La Gana. Curved edge like the ranger but not as much beard with the spike and horizontal length of the nam-hawk. I like em both but can tell wether I want the straight edge or the curved.

I don't own one of the Hays hawks. I have worked with Vic and Sue in the past and know their level of craftsmanship first hand. I am not sure where the design of the G41 came from but I am of the same opinion as you. I think Vic took the best parts of the 3 hawks and made a new hawk. I like the design and would love to take it out an beat it up.

Back