"Superfast" knife project - free parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Superfast" knife project - free parts

We have a material we call Lubricium. It is a cold reduced stainless steel. It has a much lower friction coefficient in many applications. We think it should make folders that open faster. It should allow knife artists to make knives with tighter tolerances, which should mean stronger knives.

This is how we think it should work. There are two considerations. 1. Not everything works in real life the way it works in the lab. 2. This is real top end performance stuff and I am not sure how many knife users will be able to appreciate the difference.

What I would like to do is supply some parts to knifemakers and get their opinion and the opinion of sophisticated knife users. I'll pay for enough parts until we get a clear picture. This is new and it will take a while to get it worked out but I will send a part or material if you want to experiment.

If you would, could we do this through Chuck Bybee at Alpha Knife Supply? Rob and I still love you but Rob wants to make knives and I want to do research so we are working with Chuck Bybee, The Titanium Man, to sell Talonite® and other alloys. http://www.alphaknifesupply.com

For more info on the alloys see www.carbideprocessors.com

Tom Walz

Tom - I appreciate you letting us know of this, but this is the inappropriate forum to make a post like this. Since Inoticed you have a thread like this going on in Blade Discussion, I'm going to close this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back