Surls Patch

Kalsu

Gold Member
Having just purchased the awesome rams horn patch in today's sales thread I was trying to find specs on the knife. Needless to say I am having a hard time finding them. So if anyone can help out here and maybe post up a comparison picture with a Fiddleback Patch or like knife I would greatly appreciate it.

On a somewhat side note, that rams horn looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see it in person.

About the only thing I can find on here but I know someone will put some comparison pics up soon. Maybe Luca917 Luca917 ?

"The new "Patch Knife" is a great EDC and general purpose knife. 3 finger configuration and personally I can get a tight 4 finger hold. OAL is 6 1/2" and a 3" blade."

About the only thing I can find on here but I know someone will put some comparison pics up soon. Maybe Luca917 Luca917 ?

"The new "Patch Knife" is a great EDC and general purpose knife. 3 finger configuration and personally I can get a tight 4 finger hold. OAL is 6 1/2" and a 3" blade."

Nice, thanks! That helps a lot. Now hopefully we can get some pictures here. It sounds like an excellent EDC option.

Kalsu Kalsu Congrats on snagging the Patch! I have been intrigued by that pattern for a while as well, just waiting on one with the scales combination I’m looking for. Please let us know what you think about it.

with a Esquire
2v2J6nhd5xurAoi.jpg

2v2J6nCKzxurAoi.jpg

Man VANCE VANCE thats a beautiful patch! I still kick myself for not trying to snag it when it showed up. IIRC it sat there for a little bit before someone claimed it that Wednesday night(could be wrong on that though, because my CRS is getting worse and worse). That one and Luca917 Luca917 Osage one are by far my favorite two Patches made.
thanks!
I snagged this knife on a WAS Wednesday & Luca917 Luca917 wanted "dibs" so I passed it along to him...and being the fine man he is ..he gifted it to me at Christmas

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/w-a-surls-08-10-2016.1419927/#post-16371352

Thanks for the shout out MTB! The Patch was definitely the front runner in my EDC comparisons and I got Allen to make me one which rides in my pocket pretty much every day. I'd love to get another in 3/32 with some nice wood scales one day.

You got yourself one sweet knife Kalsu Kalsu

NAN1YY3l.jpg

NHqXCFol.jpg

mKlccNpl.jpg

kNpvQDwl.jpg

Odaon Odaon I just read your review on the patch and all the other knives you reviewed. Excellent write up by the way. I really enjoyed reading it. I will, when time permits, go back and re-read the entire thing.

Thanks, I am really liking the Rams horn handles. By the way what sheath is that you have for your patch? Would a sheath that fits an Esquire fit the Patch?

thanks!
I snagged this knife on a WAS Wednesday & Luca917 Luca917 wanted "dibs" so I passed it along to him...and being the fine man he is ..he gifted it to me at Christmas

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/w-a-surls-08-10-2016.1419927/#post-16371352

I am so thrilled to see that knife again! By far the love of my collection - but I wanted you to know how great a friend you've been to us, so I felt you should have it. Glad to see it make an appearance.

And I'm carrying my Osage Patch tonight...travelling to Raleigh to get my boy to a medical appointment and needed my trusty pocket EDC. Showed it off to one of my oldest friends as well.

Great knife!

Odaon Odaon I just read your review on the patch and all the other knives you reviewed. Excellent write up by the way. I really enjoyed reading it. I will, when time permits, go back and re-read the entire thing.

Thanks, I am really liking the Rams horn handles. By the way what sheath is that you have for your patch? Would a sheath that fits an Esquire fit the Patch?

An Esquire sheath would probably work for the Patch, they're pretty similar. The one I have is a pocket, taco-style sheath that I had made for the Patch by Diomedes. It's perfect. The ambi pocket sheaths would work, I just prefer the smaller profile of the taco sheath.

An Esquire sheath would probably work for the Patch, they're pretty similar. The one I have is a pocket, taco-style sheath that I had made for the Patch by Diomedes. It's perfect. The ambi pocket sheaths would work, I just prefer the smaller profile of the taco sheath.

I like the profile of the sheath a lot. I may have to contact Diomedes and see if they could make a sheath up for me as well. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Back