Surviors! Off Topic & Nonsense talk thread!

Definite rattle. If I come up with something I like I might cough up the $ and upgrade membership to sell a couple sheaths.

9dbf830d10d74d26023bc323e172d977.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Definite rattle. If I come up with something I like I might cough up the $ and upgrade membership to sell a couple sheaths.

9dbf830d10d74d26023bc323e172d977.jpg

If you're still referring to the FK, I ordered a Sagewood dangler in sz S and it eliminated the rattle for me after I replaced that cheap and nasty belt loop thingy that comes with the sheath. Size M will not fit that kydex sheath, FYI. David Brown who did the original taco style kydex sheath for the FK, will do it for $50 + $8 for S&H. His looks like the Survive! sheath and not that minimalist sheath which currently comes with the FK. If you're planning on keeping the FK, a good leather would be the right way to go!

Anyone traveling to mexico probably needs to see this weather forcast!!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PjIVszNccso[/video]

Last edited:
Anyone travelling to mexico probably needs to see this weather forcast!!

I only live 45 minutes from the border. That said, I resist the temptations of visiting Tijuana. Some parts of it are no longer the dump they used to be 10 years ago and really feel like tourist areas akin to higher end European cities, but still if fall victim to their law enforcement one better know and speak the Intl. language of bribery ;)

Did you watch the video? I have never seen a weather girl that was that damn hot before!

Well I am in love...

When she turned sideways against the weathermap I heard Emerile Lagasse say BAM!

You think shed be impressed by my knife and firearms collection?

LOL

Anyone traveling to mexico probably needs to see this weather forcast!!

I don't know what the hell she's saying, but I'll buy two of them.

I don't know Riz! Those girls are usally very well taken care of in Meh-Hee-Co by the likes of El Chapo types. I think you need to add substantial sum$ of cash to your already impressive arsenal ;)

LOL. So many inappropriate comments I want to make! Damn the rules!

Working on the sheath for the knife I've been messing around with for like 6 months and I decided to try a FeCl3 dip. I used one part PCB etchant to two parts water. 2 five minute dips with a baking soda dousing between and after. Liking how the blade came out, black like my heart.

3d957e8575d2bbf2eaa84f6dfa00c3be.jpg

It really aged the brass corby bolts also.

1a9d33d2ef9ea94f190b08828878c073.jpg

That micarta is supposed to be black and green, I have yet to see much of the green. [emoji35] Gonna soak it in mineral oil while I work on the sheath, hopefully something pops out.

I'll be really interested how the finish holds up with use. Remind me what the steel is on this one? Looks great BTW, I've been thinking of trying that on some 52100.

It's 1084, just heat treated it with a paint can forge and MAPP torch in the driveway. The scales are black and green (edit, micarta not G10, derp) with two brass corby bolts and a brass lanyard tube attached with JB Weld.

I'm kinda bummed it's headed to someone else, I like the contours on the handle and wouldn't mind working the blade over, see how it holds up. Maybe I'll bash it through a limb or something to see how the edge and finish hold up, call it quality assurance. 😂

I think the micarta just got dried out, it seems like the mineral oil was bringing the color back.

I didn't get far on the sheath, company showed up with booze so instead of a completed sheath I have a hangover. In hindsight, not the wisest choice perhaps.

Am I the only one who is not familiar with Carter Cutlery?

What do y'all think of this test?

How do you think various GSO's would perform?

[video=youtube_share;Rottm1-RecI]http://youtu.be/Rottm1-RecI[/video]

Back