Survival Tool !!!

My mind has gone a little blank regarding the Axe design but then another idea came into my head ( they get crazier!).

I started thinking along the lines of an Ulu/Knife hybrid that could could be lashed between a split stick and used as an improvised axe ! TOPS knives makes the ATAX which is a similar tool but I have never been happy with that design or their price !!!!

This one would have a paracord wrapped handle which we would do ourselves ( keeping costs down ) the paracord could then be used to lash it between a split stick when improvising an axe !

As it does have a point of sorts at one end it could also be lashed to a longer stick and used as a weapon against any pedatory animals.

design.jpg

What do ya think or am I madder than a march hare ?????

What are the measurements? We need to keep in mind that I don`t have a bandsaw, all the weird shapes I make are done by drilling a series of holes around the profile and cutting with a hacksaw :eek:

What are the measurements? We need to keep in mind that I don`t have a bandsaw, all the weird shapes I make are done by drilling a series of holes around the profile and cutting with a hacksaw :eek:

Not sure John, it was only a quick sketch.I'd imagine that pic isn't too far off scale size !

Maybe you could make a prototype John and send it to me for a full review with pics of all it's applications, axe, knife, cleaver, Ulu, Spear etc and then I'll send it back to ya !!!;):eek::D

Back