Survive! GSO 5.0 factory 2nd's are in stock!

Just received a email from Survive and had to order another one. GSO 5 factory 2nds are going for $194 with a 20% discount on checkout. They're left overs from the last run. Darn addiction:)

And now they are sold out. There really weren't very many of those so congrats to those who were able to get an order in. Now to mentally prepare for this afternoon's emails.

And now they are sold out. There really weren't very many of those so congrats to those who were able to get an order in. Now to mentally prepare for this afternoon's emails.

Thanks Ellie, I received the email and immediately place my order. That was quick!! You guys broke a lot of hearts this morning:) Keep up the great work and love your knives.

Whoa, that was quick. Apparently I need an alert on promotional emails on my phone also :D

I really hope it's not as bad as you think and not anything like when the last of the old spec 5.1's went up for sale. Hope you 2 can enjoy this fall weekend. You've certainly earned it!

I received the notification email at 3:11, and my order confirmation was at 3:15. Just glad I was able to be at my desk with time to react.

I'm happy for you, Mac! Did you already say what handles and sheath you chose?

Ellie did a good job being completely open and fair getting the word out every way she could, but I'm hoping the people who had been truly wanting a 5 for awhile were able to get one.

Any guesses on how many extra 5's they sold last week? 50? 200?

I got mine around that time. But was mowing and never heard it. Glad I wasn't in the market I would have been sad.

Natural brown canvas, coyote brown Kydex, black fasteners with a notch. I have enough green and green camo. My 7/7 is black/black so changing things up a little.

Just got my GSO 5 today. Black micarta handles and the ferro notch with sheath. I still can't really tell the difference between the factory 2nd and the 1st. Thanks again for another awesome knife :)

Just got my GSO 5 today. Black micarta handles and the ferro notch with sheath. I still can't really tell the difference between the factory 2nd and the 1st. Thanks again for another awesome knife :)

[emoji106]🏻!!!
It's hard to find anything wrong with them!

That only goes to show the extremely high level of standards Guy places on his products.

I got a factory second GSO 3.5 and I have no clue why it was classified as a second. The fit, finish, edge sharpness and overall quality of the product are leaps and bounds ahead of many "first run" knives that are much more expensive. I have come to the conclusion that Guy is a little "nutty" (in a good way), and that as customers we can be TOTALLY confident that nothing that is short of perfect will leave the S!K shop.

Right on, guys. Most companies have a range of what is considered "within specifications" and that is good enough to send to a paying customer. With Guy it is either perfect or a factory second.

Ok, I got to open this today:

I did not get to give it a thorough inspection, but at first blush I cannot see why it is a second. This is a very stout medium sized blade that will take a thumping. Well balanced and fits the hand very well. I am a huge fan of the 5.1, and this is my first 5. I hope I get a chance to take it out and become familiar with it. I definitely see a place for it in my rotation.

I did not get to give it a thorough inspection, but at first blush I cannot see why it is a second. This is a very stout medium sized blade that will take a thumping. Well balanced and fits the hand very well. I am a huge fan of the 5.1, and this is my first 5. I hope I get a chance to take it out and become familiar with it. I definitely see a place for it in my rotation.

Finally, someone who makes sense! Don't tell Cipriano, Tex or redwood that you like the handle. They all said "the handle of the GSO 5 is like gripping a 2x4 except more square. The only thing more boxy than the handle of the 5 is an actual box" :p:p:p

Guy really makes you work to find the flaws in the seconds, it's kind of a fun game. But remember, Ellie said they did toss some factory firsts in at the second price just to get rid of them.

I'm super jealous. I will order a GSO with natural micarta and a coyote sheath at some point. It has really grown on me.

Can we get an updated family photo?

Also, my heart skips when I see this thread title pop up thinking they found more 5's to sell! Enjoy your 5!!!!!

Back