Survive GSO 5.1 for sale !

No I'm not posting in the wrong place lol . Just giving a heads up that there is a nice GSO 5.1 for sale on the big auction site . The auction ends in about 15 hours from now. It's NOT mine and I have NOTHING to do with it . I just happened to see it there just now and thought I'd post it up in case someone wants one . So far it's still at a good price . Good luck .

Looks real sketchy to me...
Just look at the condition of the scales...

Buyers beware!

Yeah, looks like it ended at the 300 buck mark and yet it's listed again with the same pic and the same jacked up scales. This one has a bid too. Tempted to buy this one just to see what's up.

Wow ! I didn't mean to cause a panic . I thought we where all big kids here .

I SAW the stuff on the handle , but the listing said the knife was like new . I thought anyone with enough dollars to buy it would also have enough sense to ask what that was . I see now that it did relist , so yeah NOW it seems sketchy , but that wasn't the case when I posted this .

I was only trying to maybe help someone who REALLY wanted a GSO as they can be hard to get because they are so popular (and for good reason) .

Anyway , I've been "warned" I should not do this , so I'll not do it again .

I emailed the guy with the listing. I asked about it being sold previously and the scales, and he said that the buyer couldn't afford it so he relisted it. He refused to answer any questions about the scales and I even messaged him again. Having been with the auction sight for many years, I suspect that there is something wrong with the scales and the original buyer returned it under the protection plan that the site offers to it's buyers. It would appear maybe the seller is trying to find the buyer that will just accept it as is even though it's listed as "new" with the original box and clearly has damage.

The seller did eventually reply and posted it on the listing.

I looked into the previous sale bidder list, often a seller can offer to the second highest bidder, a second $300 bid was placed.
Look further into "bids with this seller" activity....this is a suspicious seller and quite possibly this forums reader.

ma autction sites are werid. Is it just me or is that one of the few places the secondary market goes to become inflated? While looking at the sellers response, I found a 4.1 $100 over original cost.

Well much like BUSSE Combat knives sell for more than new price on the secondary market , so do Survive knives for the most part . It's for the same reason as BUSSE , supply and demand . Busse makes a run of a certain knife then may or may not ever make it again . Survive is not trying to drive up prices , but again it's supply and demand . Survive knives are so wildly popular that they sell out quickly and then people are willing to pay more than the original price to get one . Even in the exchange section here a Survive knife will nearly always be listed for more than it's original price .

Guy and Survive knives are dealing with their growing pains and the move at the moment , and so for now they can't keep up with the demand . Nice spot to be in thought and they're in it because they make great knives :thumbup:

Yea I've been more than aware of the knife markets inflations due to availabilty, custom bikes by some builders are the same way.

Just gives me a chuckle every now and then when I come accross it.

I think the S!K crews been doing a great job with what they've had to work with thus far, and looking forward to seeing what comes out of the new shop in the new year!

The seller did eventually reply and posted it on the listing.

I looked into the previous sale bidder list, often a seller can offer to the second highest bidder, a second $300 bid was placed.
Look further into "bids with this seller" activity....this is a suspicious seller and quite possibly this forums reader.

I messaged him again and mentioned that he was getting some negative press in the forums over all the suspicion and unanswered questions. He did reply back quickly that the weird substance on the scale was simply mineral oil. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but would be wary about buying the knife. He may just be new and not experienced in how to sell properly, either here or on the big auction site. Someone bought the 5.1 so we'll see. There are currently two 4.1's up for right at $300 right now.

Back