Survive GSO 5.1 old spec vs 5.1 new spec SHEATHS

sorry if this has been asked and answered, I looked through a few pages on this forum and didn't see anything. Are sheaths interchangeable for the 5.1 old spec and new spec blades? Thanks in advance.

I haven't tried the swap myself, but have owned both. They're pretty different, especially the handles, so I'm doubting it would interchange.

I don't have any 1st gen 5.1 sheaths left anymore but my 1st gen 5.1 works just fine [maybe a little tight compared to the 2cd gen] in a new spec 2cd gen sheath.

Im interested in a leather sheath for the 5.1 but idk if the blade sizes are different. Im told there is a difference in handle sizes for sure.

The handles are different shape, length and contour but the business end is still very close between generations.
I have 3 different leather sheaths that will work with either model, 2 are slip style and the other a Patriot with leather snap around the handle.
If you are going to spend good money on a leather sheath like a Sagewood I would go with the exact one for whatever gen you have.

Yes they do and they seat well in either sheath. They also stay seated when inverted and shaken.

Notice the new 5.1 has the hex fasteners and the old 5.1 has screws.

new 5.1 in new sheath and old 5.1 in an older sheath

New 5.1 in old sheath and old 5.1 in the new sheath

Wow! I would not have expected that... Thank you, OBX :thumbup:

Well that shows what I know!! Those two blades feel so different I'd never have guessed it.

Back