Survive! GSO 5 and GSO 4.1 New Custom Kydex - PIC HEAVY

Thanks Hard, those are Desert Tan. At least that is what they say when I order them. I never thought of them as 'cream'.:D

I went ahead and ordered a set of black fasteners for the GSO 5. They weren't available for the 5 so I ordered a 4.1 set. Side by side they appear to be very close in length. If they don't fit right, I'll order a set for the GSO 10 and trim them down to fit. I think the black fasteners with the jade scales and carbon fiber sheath on the 5 will look better than the tumbled fasteners.

My edc4 has a set of gso 10 fasteners. I don't believe they had to be trimmed but the handle is slightly thicker then my wife's 4.1.

Thanks Hard, those are Desert Tan. At least that is what they say when I order them. I never thought of them as 'cream'.:D

It's funny how some of the colors come across on the computer screen. Desert Tan sounds way better. They'd never sell any if they listed them as cream-colored :D

I went ahead and ordered a set of black fasteners for the GSO 5. They weren't available for the 5 so I ordered a 4.1 set. Side by side they appear to be very close in length. If they don't fit right, I'll order a set for the GSO 10 and trim them down to fit. I think the black fasteners with the jade scales and carbon fiber sheath on the 5 will look better than the tumbled fasteners.

I'm not sure where my cheat sheet is right now but I believe the fasteners for the old mid size handles is a combination of fasteners for the GSO-4.1 and GSO-10. I think the GSO-4.1 fasteners will work, as long as you don't mind so much inner barrel being exposed. I have no idea if that last part makes sense to you guys but I know what I'm talking about. :cool:

It's funny how some of the colors come across on the computer screen. Desert Tan sounds way better. They'd never sell any if they listed them as cream-colored :D

I have nothing of value to add to this. I just think it is funny in that 'so true' way. As a woman in a very male industry I run into this sort of thing regularly, especially when trying to describe the knives over the phone.

I have nothing of value to add to this. I just think it is funny in that 'so true' way. As a woman in a very male industry I run into this sort of thing regularly, especially when trying to describe the knives over the phone.

I imagine you trying to help a customer on the phone:
-Well the color is in between a muted champagne and a sun drenched beige
-Wait what?
-it's tactical coyote
-oh gotcha! I'll take 2

I imagine you trying to help a customer on the phone:
-Well the color is in between a muted champagne and a sun drenched beige
-Wait what?
-it's tactical coyote
-oh gotcha! I'll take 2

that's great :) I so wanted to come up with that myself when Ellie made her comment but I couldn't think of how to say it

I just installed the 4.1 set on the 5. They fit perfectly.

Finished these last night.

154zfup.jpg
[/IMG]
mbk77t.jpg
[/IMG]
ve56c2.jpg
[/IMG]
v8mr6x.jpg
[/IMG]
2lkd34h.jpg
[/IMG]
2i6icy8.jpg
[/IMG]
s25jwi.jpg
[/IMG]
205wldk.jpg
[/IMG]
n3annq.jpg
[/IMG]
27yyjvl.jpg
[/IMG]
xptow8.jpg
[/IMG]
14dhsia.jpg
[/IMG]
2uop192.jpg
[/IMG]
qsjb75.jpg
[/IMG]
301jbk2.jpg
[/IMG]
Hey do you make kydex for the 6? Whenever usps finally decides to deliver it I'll be looking for a taco style for it.

Last edited:
Hey do you make kydex for the 6? Whenever usps finally decides to deliver it I'll be looking for a taco style for it.

I can build whatever you like. I don't own the 6 so you'd have to send me the knife for custom pressing of the sheath.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Ronnie, I'm assuming as a left hander, left side carry would require only switching the hardware to the other side. True?

Ronnie, I'm assuming as a left hander, left side carry would require only switching the hardware to the other side. True?

True, but you'll see the backside of the eyelets and on some sheaths like carbon fiber, I put plain black on the backside. The slabs of kydex are built and sanded, polished etc, to be perfectly symmetrical on both sides.

What do you have in the old spec?

Did I miss any?

Sold my custom 3.5 and funded the 4.1 and 5 purchase. Now the 5 is sold and I'm keeping the M390 version of the 4.1. Having them out in the field yesterday gave me some perspective of sizes needed and the 4.1 is it for the moment. I think the 4.7 will be a hair thinner than the 5 IIRC, so that may be the one but I haven't seen one or held one yet.

In my dreams, if the 4.7 is right, I will always fantasize about having one in M390. Maybe I can get someone to make me one if that 4.7 is my ideal blade.

Back