Survive! Gso-6

My GSO 6 on my hip as always when I'm on the trail.. I posted this on IG too

24284e043a2a35e1eff6e1d430fbdce5.jpg

I don't think the 6 is the right knife to compare to the camp knife. 2 totally different beasts.

I'm easily confused in general, but pics and specs do not seem to agree when it comes to these two knives. If you get the chance, could you measure the blade and handle of the camp knife and tell me what you get? If you really have a lot of time on your hands, could you snap one more pic of the blades spine to spine with the base of the blades in line to really show the difference in blade and handle length? Just to give you something to do if you're bored this weekend :D

Is that a drop loop on your gso 6 ?
Any pics of the rig ?

Yea it's a skystorm leather drop loop. I also have Sagewoodgear ganglers and belt loops which I prefer over the skystorm. The skystorm is definitely nice and high quality but it's bulky. I'll snap some pics later when I get home

Silver, the handle on the camp knife is 5.5"- 5.75" it has a slight angle, and the blade is 6.5"

Silver, the handle on the camp knife is 5.5"- 5.75" it has a slight angle, and the blade is 6.5"

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you!

Not sure why the FF website would list the handle as 5 inches. It does explain why the camp knife handle looks .5 to .75 inches longer than the 6 handle :D

Sorry to hear that!

I bet you would have taken some pics. The pics you did take and share before already are the best comparison on the web.

Yes! That is my favorite pic and the one that made me challenge the given specs. Do you absolutely love your camp knife?

Cool to see S!K and Fiddleback in the same thread. They are two of my three favorite companies, with AA Forge being #3. Don't have a GSO6 or Camp, but they both look awesome. Blade hight and handle might make me lean towards the Camp, but the GSO6 is a SWEET blade.

The FF Camp Knife is an excellent chopper. I do not own the GSO 6 yet (pre ordered), but I see it as an easier knife to carry on the trail than the Camp. Sometimes size matters, and bigger is not always better. Both are significantly useful knives. Decisions will need to be made based on intended usage and carry options for those uses.

The FF Camp Knife is an excellent chopper. I do not own the GSO 6 yet (pre ordered), but I see it as an easier knife to carry on the trail than the Camp. Sometimes size matters, and bigger is not always better. Both are significantly useful knives. Decisions will need to be made based on intended usage and carry options for those uses.

This is how I feel. I have no use for a blade that wide and I don't chop with knives.. I own a saw, axe, and machete for that task. I prefer a utilitarian pattern that I can do anything with, which is why I carry a GSO 6 on the trail and in camp and a 3.5 for field dressing.

Damn you MVM! I don't know how I will ever support a knife addiction with these two making so many bad ass blades. I blame you for posting those pictures. Your the reason I really started looking at FF. Now i wanna try all their blades just like S! I'm gonna have to go rob a bank or something to get them all!!! A second or third job just won't do it.

Back