Survive!Knives - Is interest waning? Replacement Blades?

Frankly, Survive in my opinion has inadvertently created a condition that has developed into a significant amount of negative perception of their company , product and among some of their most avid supporters.

IF I were part of the Survive Management it would disturb me greatly to see my product being sold at exorbitant cost, well over my MSR, or to the highest bidder by some Shyster- Opportunists because my Company has failed to effect sound production and business practice in all stages of it's organization. The list of oversights is long , starting with the requirement of Paying in Full, followed by protracted wait times , which are never disclosed , then excused because of some unforeseen obstacle.

It's a black eye in every sense of the word which creates consternation and resentment on several levels. Unless of course someone is a fan boy who will pay almost stupid prices just to own a knife that was a great value until they paid what amounts to a custom price for a sometimes used or second run item. This type of practice can and does destroy market share and erodes even some of the most avid supporters and loyalists who helped the company by buying their product and provided that same company with hard earned notoriety, which produced greater market share.

Some short sighted individuals or folks not engaged in business might see this as a positive thing but it is not. Primarily because on it's face the price gouging alone due to lack of follow through has subjected the customer base to the exact opposite of what Survive and most companies strive for; An excellent product, at a fair market price and an established name brand. This in essence establishes trust, produces notoriety and good will of the company insuring future growth.

Incidentally I'm a business owner, staunch capitalist and owner of four Survive Knives. A couple of which I ordered and a couple I purchased here and another exchange.

Last edited:
Frankly, Survive in my opinion has inadvertently created a condition that has developed into a significant amount of negative perception of their company , product and among some of their most avid supporters.

IF I were part of the Survive Management it would disturb me greatly to see my product being sold at exorbitant cost, well over my MSR, or to the highest bidder by some Shyster- Opportunists because my Company has failed to effect sound production and business practice in all stages of it's organization. The list of oversights is long , starting with the requirement of Paying in Full, followed by protracted wait times , which are never disclosed , then excused because of some unforeseen obstacle.

It's a black eye in every sense of the word which creates consternation and resentment on several levels. Unless of course someone is a fan boy who will pay almost stupid prices just to own a knife that was a great value until they paid what amounts to a custom price for a sometimes used or second run item. This type of practice can and does destroy market share and erodes even some of the most avid supporters and loyalists who helped the company by buying their product and provided that same company with hard earned notoriety, which produced greater market share.

Some short sighted individuals or folks not engaged in business might see this as a positive thing but it is not. Primarily because on it's face the price gouging alone due to lack of follow through has subjected the customer base to the exact opposite of what Survive and most companies strive for; An excellent product, at a fair market price and an established name brand. This in essence establishes trust, produces notoriety and good will of the company insuring future growth.

Incidentally I'm a business owner, staunch capitalist and owner of four Survive Knives. A couple of which I ordered and a couple I purchased here and another exchange.
I have to disagree about the secondary market prices. Busse secondary market is equal to or higher than original price and they sell every blade they make. That is one of the benefits of Busse , People are not going to loose much $ if at lol I’d they sell their blade. This knowledge creates more drive to purchase knives. I have owned 17 busses in total, because of that.

Survive needs to do smaller batches so they can feed the beast, but keep the people interested by offering batches knives routinely so people are always hunting . When Busse has a sale , he knows how many knives are available but you don’t. There is a limited time to purchase , $1 badabing few months later you get charged and then the blade shows up. Everyone is happy

Warning issued for insults
There's confusion in that post.

Only to the "confused"......

Though it is written purposely in language on a fifth grade level, like most news papers, I can break it down to even simpler terms if it will help you "make the connection".
Looks like it made perfect sense to a couple of our members though.

Perhaps a reading and comprehension course might be something you should consider...

bubbaskyjacker- cool handle by the way, their production model was never mentioned in my post. Primarily because I am not familiar with them. Yet it is blatantly obvious that whatever the model, it is or has been woefully ineffective to the extent that their business is in jeopardy.

In reference to your comments about the secondary market, I don't disagree. Busse knives appear to maintain their value or sell for a fair premium depending on the model. No problem, that's the market.
My point in regard to Survive is they are being listed at an excessive premium from @ 135% -150% of their value, no matter the condition. Again I have no problem with people turning a profit, whereas I do with exploitation.

Here is an example: I was looking around for a new bushcraft knife in 3v and saw a used Survive 5.0 listed on another site for $325 or so, if I remember correctly. After emailing the individual with an offer- which was encouraged the Seller stated that his listing had "received plenty of attention" and that someone will buy it at that price. Very smug and in my opinion the disposition of others here and elsewhere who list at exorbitant prices.

As I stated on another thread, I've bought sold and traded on Gun Forums where members are honorable and forthright in their listings. In fact they list their well taken care of weapons or accessories at reasonable levels and help each other out. I'm speaking of top of the line weapons and accessories. While there are exceptions , that is not so here, or a couple other places.

Not to mention look out for each other. If a "member" posts a bogus listing and does not follow through but keeps the money, I've seen members who live in that specific town actually try to track that particular individual down for another member that they've never met. I'm sure you get the point

Either way, considering what I perceived as the original business model and intent of Survive- this hurts them because it is counter to their orientation. That in conjunction with the extreme wait times, ponderous back log and so forth creates significant frustration.

That's my point.

Has anyone else found suitable blades and if so, what are they?

Almost any knife in my hand is more suitable than one on order for over a year. Actually, I just checked... I have one that will have been on order for 2 years in one more month. I have another on order that has been on order over 26 months.

So, yeah, just about any other knife is more suitable.

A healthy secondary market just means the knives are very sought after. This year I bought a new 5 and didn't pay that much. There was a mark up but that knife isn't made anymore.

CPK FK's can sell on here for $500 and I think they were $225 or so when they were made. It's just supply and demand. Great knives that are hard to find will demand a premium.

Busse's are routinely limited runs and normally sell for a premium. It's part of the appeal of their brand.

Survive has serious issues and may likely fail. I am even considering cancelling all of my orders. But the secondary market will be healthy. If I see a survive knife on the exchange, I will take a look. I'll pay a resonable premium because the knives are great.

As a matter of fact, all my orders from survive are doubles. Basically so I can sell one at a premium to come out a little better on the one I keep. Nothing wrong with capitalism.

Honestly, pay $200 and wait two years or pay $275 and wait two days. Pretty easy for people lucky enough to have disposable income for a lifelong tool.

I'm still looking for a 4.1. A member replied to this thread that he has what I needed. I don't know if he was being sarcastic but he never responded back. I thought he had a 4.1 he would sell me.

I had a last gen that I listed and went unsold awhile back. There's some out there.

I refunded several grand worth of preordered SK knives when I realized they are going to eclipse 2 years on the 7/7 alone. Thankfully, I have a decent collection of SK knives and would say they are holding their value just fine. Looking at recent auctions, they are going for as much as 150%.
The SK hallmark has always been a disparity of supply and lead-times vs demand. Customers willing to pay upfront for something they won't see for 3 or however many years and seeing 150% markup on auctions is surely not a sign of lacking interest. They are hard to get, highly sought after and valuable collector's items as well as a working knife.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for a 4.1. A member replied to this thread that he has what I needed. I don't know if he was being sarcastic but he never responded back. I thought he had a 4.1 he would sell me.
Shoot, I always think of you when I see a rare m390 pop up. There was one on Facebook a few weeks ago. I think it has sold since then. Good luck with the search!

You can have a child and get him started in school in less time than it takes for these people to fulfill their orders . I can't believe the GSO 6 still hasn't started production yet .

Back