Survive starter, which one should go in production first?

i just wanted to see what's the general consensus on what you guys want to go into production first.

My vote is for the gso 4.7!

no option for an SK knife?

We are still pounding out some details on the SK series. They were meant to be more "economical" but the first run we did ended up being pretty much within a few dollars of producing a GSO series knife. Doing the Cerakote made the steel savings a wash and we ended up still using 3D contoured canvas handles, which is the same thing we use for GSO knives.

I just need to further explore how to make them less expensive, without making them cheaper, if that makes sense?

i just wanted to see what's the general consensus on what you guys want to go into production first.

My vote is for the gso 4.7!

We do have a lot of steel all ready to go, that is appropriate for our mid sized knives like the GSO-4.7, 5.1, and 7/7. Which blades we cut first will just come down to which ones are most popular on the SURVIVE! Starter. People get to vote with their wallets on this one.

Which one? My one :D

If you want to know which model is the priority, well, lets see them first.

Being partial to small fixed blades, I've been looking for a great reason to replace the izula 2 permanently. I'm putting in a vote for the 2.7 :D

Although I'm excited to see the 4.7 and the changes to the other models! 2015's gonna be a great year for Survive!

Speaking of the 7/7, am I the only who thinks that the 1.50" blade height is too narrow for its length? I'm thinking around 1.60-1.70" would be ideal. Also, are the new torx screws going to be a flat or round head? I Hope its flat head because seeing the ZT fieldtac and southern grinds jackal round head fastener does not look good at least for me.

Knife chop I strongly agree
The 7/7 should have a wider blade. It would look better, be more manly and be a decent chopper :D

Speaking of the 7/7, am I the only who thinks that the 1.50" blade height is too narrow for its length? I'm thinking around 1.60-1.70" would be ideal. Also, are the new torx screws going to be a flat or round head? I Hope its flat head because seeing the ZT fieldtac and southern grinds jackal round head fastener does not look good at least for me.

I don't know exactly, but maybe the 7/7 is not designed to be a chopper. Since Guy has a GSO 8 (that will only be about a half inch longer than the 7/7) maybe this will be taller to have better chopping power. I could be way off, but when I see the current production 7/7 I think of it as Guy's version of the Kabar USMC knife.

Last edited:

The T-25 torx style screws are going to have a flat head, flush with the handles, just like our current screws are. They are still going to be precision machined 416 stainless steel, essentially just like our current screw but with the new head. The only slight difference will be a slightly thicker head, to allow more room for good depth on the torx hole.

I stuck with the 1.50" blade height on the GSO-7/7 because the design was and is intended to be a full sized Combat/Utility type design. It is robust enough to accomplish any sort of utility chores and even heavier camp chores like some chopping and baton splitting small firewood but without being bulky or slow in the hand. Most of the time the bigger, heavier blades stay home. I really want all of my knives to see some dirt time on a regular basis. I will be releasing the GSO-8 down the road, that will be more set up for chopping and such.

Well, I ordered the 4.7 and the 12. Hard for me to stay away from the fun times that can be had with a chopper. The 2.7 sounds pretty nice also. I would be strongly considering a 7/7 if I did not already have the GSO 7. Mike

We are still pounding out some details on the SK series. They were meant to be more "economical" but the first run we did ended up being pretty much within a few dollars of producing a GSO series knife. Doing the Cerakote made the steel savings a wash and we ended up still using 3D contoured canvas handles, which is the same thing we use for GSO knives.

I just need to further explore how to make them less expensive, without making them cheaper, if that makes sense?

I understand, I suppose they won't be for this year.

Back