Survivors favorite EDC flashlights of choice?

My favorite AA is the Eagletac 25A clicky. Mine are in titanium but they are in your price range in aluminum. (And my favorite 18650 is the 25LC2.)

A cheaper but very good alternative is the Thrunite Archer 1A. It's almost as big as Eagletac's 25LC2, however -- but it's a tank.

And if it's throw you want in a single AA torch, then go for a Zebralight SC5 -- spendy but a monster!

this is what I'm looking for….
Thank you for your insights and experiences.

Fenix LD12 is my current EDC. Also have my older LD20 on my desk.
QWap5or.jpg

Just ordered a few Brass Lumintop Tool AAA brass with Nichia 219 from MD with a normal/typical interface. Had an early Titanium version with the MLH interface, hated that interface and never bother to use it...

I have a Prometheus Beta QR. It's awesome. Simple AAA twist-light with two modes (you can get a three mode one for a bit more money), and a really great Nichia High-CRI LED (ie. excellent light color temperature, which aids in visual perception without throwing more lumens). Moreover, it's proven indestructible, and the quick release on it is awesome. I've had mine dangling from my keys on a carabiner on my belt loop for 1.5 years now, and the QR is still as secure as day one, and it's never fallen off.

Best part is that the design works equally well with gloves or bare hands — which I've found rare in a small light.

I have 4:

From bottom up:
SureFire G2X - 320/15 lumens $50-$55 flashlight that I have in all of my cars and my light and overnight camping bags. GREAT compact and very portable flashlight.
alpha-tac extremebeam tac24 340 lumens - my main flashlight....HUGE light source and 3 different settings including a strobe, I mostly use the low light setting but the high setting throws out a TON of light
Fenix HP30 900 Lumen LED Headlamp - for camping, this also throws out a TON of light, most of the time I use the low setting, it lasts forever with the battery pack, it's a bit bulky but the battery longevity makes up for it

Energizer Carabiner LED - 50 lumens - I wear this on my belt and hang one in my tent. GREAT little LED flashlight. It has 3 lights on one side and one in the front. it comes with a carabiner. I also have this flashlight all over the house and in all of my cars and in every bag along with my SureFire.

Well my research has led me to. Klarus Mi7.
AA or 14500
On 14500 it will throw 700 lumens.
It's ordered.
Pics and report when it arrives.

Thanks for your welcome input everyone !

Back