Sushi Knife Restoration Video

Nice video. For what it's worth, there is no such thing as a "Sushi knife". There are two main types of knives that are used by sushi chefs, a thick spined Deba for breaking down a fish and fileting, and a long slicer the Yanagiba for slicing the filets.
From the thick spine of your knife it is for breaking down, and most likely a variant of Deba or possibly even a variant of honesuki for breaking down chickens.
The metal bolster you made is unique in that metal bolsters have been pretty much extinct since maybe the 1960s-early 70s. As most now are either plastic or water buffalo horn.
Finally what is the black color between the bolster and wood handle in the finished product?

So he takes a heavily worn deba and total destroys its soul and past. All it needed was a proper sharpening but I have a feeling he doesn't have a clue about that.

So he takes a heavily worn deba and total destroys its soul and past. All it needed was a proper sharpening but I have a feeling he doesn't have a clue about that.
Actually, that knife was already gone. The urasuki was non-existant; whether it was ground away entirely, or it didn’t have one to begin with (which would mean that it wasn’t a deba anyway). No evidence of a makers mark, generic ho handle. The OP didn’t mention any sentimental connection. So why are you ragging on him for doing a nice refurb on a knife of questionable value to begin with?

Actually, that knife was already gone. The urasuki was non-existant; whether it was ground away entirely, or it didn’t have one to begin with (which would mean that it wasn’t a deba anyway). No evidence of a makers mark, generic ho handle. The OP didn’t mention any sentimental connection. So why are you ragging on him for doing a nice refurb on a knife of questionable value to begin with?

Probably because so many people seem to think anything old needs to look shiny and new to be useful.
They would look at a knife like this and their first instinct would be to break out the sandpaper.

Me, I just washed it sharpened it and put it to use.

Back