Swamp Rat Piggyback.

Robert H

Premium Sheathmaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is a new thigh concept, sent in blades from a customer, he wanted a big knife with his "working knife" a bit more readily available.

I'm not sure which Swamp Rats they are, but here's how it turned out.

BUSSE PIG.jpg

Thank you, Gentlemen. It is a left handed person.

Looks like it would be VERY functional... I'd love to get to see one in person and see how it rides.

Nice work!

Here it is, worn. A bit different set up, but worn the same way.

eodworn.jpg

Robert,

Are you also manufacturing the pouch with the MOLLE attachment points or did you fit the sheath to an existing manufacturer's pouch?

It's done OEM by the same company who does the drop leg panel. I'm working on a chest version right now with them.

A bit. It'll be modular.

:)Robert, Is this the HSGI large EOD pouch utilized for the thigh rig? Looks excellent and would be great to convert to a molle 2 leg extender to mount an outside holster & mag pouch. I'll be sending you my smatchett next week. Sgt P.:cool:

Yes, that's the base. I'm doing some exciting things with HSGI.

That looks like a great pack/sheath combo to build into a survival kit. How does it feel when walking around?

Very light, and very stable. I've worn one around the shop for a day, and gone for a two mile brisk walk. No discomfort. What I really like is I can wear it under a pack hip belt, and if I need to shuck the pack, I still have the base essentials.

How much for a rig like this? Do You have a RD6 or would I have to send mine to you? And by the way, do you still carry the penrith kits shown on your website?

Steve

Ditto what Rockywolf said, but I have a SwampRat Chopweiler that I am looking to sheath.

I am very interested in this :D

Cerberus

The big pouches are 150.00, the small platform and pouch are 125.00 I would need the blades sent in, but I get blades daily here. I do have the Penrith kits as well.

Back