"Swarm of Crickets" wallpaper

I got a bunch of Crickets out of the drawer and put them on the scanner for another 1024x768 image for SypderNuts to add to their screen savers if they want.

<A HREF="http://www.chaicutlery.com/spyderco/Swarm-of-Crickets.jpg" TARGET=_blank>
Swarm-of-Crickets-small.jpg
</A>

Standard black FRN, totally non-tactical FRN (serrated only), and a couple of classic Tufram (aluminum) specimens. Sorry - no carbon fiber.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 08-25-2000).]

James, nice scan. Thanks, my scanner doesn't produce such a good output. It's now my wallpaper
smile.gif

Just a question, you mentioned:
-----
Standard black FRN, totally non-tactical FRN (serrated only)
-----
Does FRN mean Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon, as in Zytel?
And non-tactical is pink?
Do you sell that plain aluminum or is it your own?

Regards,
Ted

PS. Thanks for replying about my question for the CF cricket. I was lucky to find it in a store in Amsterdam.

FRN is fiberglass-reinforced nylon, as in Zytel (one brand thereof), in this case in the usual "ninja black" and non-tactical pink. We don't all have to be tactical.
smile.gif

And some of us regret that the aluminum Cricket was discontinued. Those two are spoken-for. Does that store in Amsterdam still have theirs?

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

James wrote: "And some of us regret that the aluminum Cricket was discontinued."

You got that right! A co-worker bought the FRN version and it was kind of cute but felt flimsy to me. A choice between it and some other spydie (or HI) has resulted in me not owning a cricket.

Gregg

James,
I guess they still have them.
Give them a call. I don't come there very often.
Good luck.
Ted

Thats right James, i say bring back the aluminum Cricket. I have a serratted edge. I would have liked a plain edge also.
Hermie
frown.gif

I agree! Bring back the aluminum Cricket. I have a serrated edge aluminum which I don't carry. I would, if it were plain edge....
BTW, thanks for the screen background James, nice job!
Dane (Windwalker)

The lightweight Cricket is the right weight for a shirt-pocket knife. The rounded edges of the handle are also a bit more comfortable than the aluminum version, and maybe the aluminum-scaled version was overbuilt with the amount of steel it had in it.

Anybody for an expensive Cricket?
smile.gif

Like an anodized titanium frame lock?

Or a "weightless" version constructed like a William Henry CF knife - contoured carbon fiber and a single liner?

Or Devon Thomas spirograph stainless damascus blade and handle scale? for a high-end special edition?

The mind wanders .....

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Yeah, great. How about one with nice dark/black wood handles, shiny metal lock and a damascus blade.

God forbid a Spydie named the "Seagull" is produced!! LOL
A Flock of Seagulls wallpaper scan!
smile.gif

John Row
colobbfan

------------------
I've had more paper cuts than cuts from knives, but the knives are QUICKLY gaining!

I just received an aluminium Cricket (thanks James
biggrin.gif
) and now I understand what all the fuss is about. Sure it does have hard edges and is probably over-built but I love its "mechanical look", particularly the contrast between the grey sides and polished edges. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the bone scale I'm getting from Bobby
smile.gif

------------------
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Back