Swarovski Optics "Excellent"

Hi, I just thought that I would tell everyone that I used for quite a while the new 10X42 "EL" Binoculars that Swarovski currently manufactures in Austria. They are the best that I have used so far.... they make this same one also in a 8.5X42 that might even be better....mostly with more brightness.
I am a dyed in the wool Leica Man (having three pairs), but these take the cake. They are equal in every way to the 10x42 Leica's and have them beat in the weight and ergonomics departments.
wink.gif

They are attractive too. The bad part is the price. They are very expensive!! But some say worth it.....
Later, JC

My dad has a pair of Leica and Leitz binoculars one is 45 yrs old the other is 40.
They have both been frozen, baked beat, and dropped. Carried on five continents and are going strong. I work at a Gun store and we have a full range of Optics. I get to sell Pentax, Minolta, Lieca, Nikon, Swarovski, Khales, etc. I just put a Swarovski on My Colt LTR and will in the future get a pair of binoculars to match. My last scope purchase was a Leica for my p'64 md.70.
I will be buying the Lieca range finder.

Cheers,

ts

------------------
Guns are for show. Knifes are for Pros.

I spent a lot of time at some big shows comparing the various high-end binoculars and I've got to agree: The Swarovskis are spectacular.

Because I was unable to afford a set, I got some of the new Pentax 10 X 42's with phase coated optics and waterproofing (the WP models). Last year (I believe) a writer for Field & Stream took all the best glasses to an optics lab for testing. The Pentax WP model performed exactly equal to the $1400 Zeiss set, for about a grand less (by performance, I mean resolution). The Pentax were also pretty comparable to the Leica and Swarovski models.

Eventually I'd like to have the Swarovskis, but for the time being I'm extremely impressed with the Pentax models.

DPD.

JC, where did you end up buying your Swarovski's from?

I have read that folks say good things about Eagle Optics, but was curious of who you ended up using.

Thanks
smile.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

Hello, In ansewring the last post, my source for these was indeed Eagle Optics in Wisconsin. They have the best prices and have the best service that I have seen for the optics industry!!
smile.gif
Excepting the high end high tech industry. They have a real great web site. Buying from them is great because of the service and product backing. Even though they did not produce the item, if they sell it they back it up!!! Remember too, that if you are out fo their state the sales tax does not apply.(which can save you alot!!)All you pay for is the freight charges and the insurance. Later, JC

Back