Photos Swedge me!! (Livin’ on the swedge)

tEfkTth.jpg

That makes sense, but you could take that idea a bit farther by sharpening the swedge so it's a real edge instead of a false edge. Wouldn't that be better? I've done that on a machete.
Not always better. There are legality issues in some areas. And a sharp swedge on a folder would just be stupid.

As Coleman said, a swedge can help achieve a more acute, finer point without being too thin or fragile.

Additionally, not everything done to a blade necessarily has to add functionality. A swedge can add an interesting facet, a neat shadow line. It can make a blade appear more sleek and streamlined. It can make it more aggressive.

On Damascus blades, it can offer a completely different look in that area as it steeply cuts across the layers in the steel at an angle not found on the main grind, making the pattern different there.....possibly drastically.

There are plenty of acceptable reasons to add a swedge.

I'm a fan, personally.

Oh efffffff me. I may as well just give you access to my bank account and put the house on the market now.

But seriously, these are stunning knives. I hope to be in a position to reach out to ya’ in the not too distant future.

Great thread by the way. Haven’t seen a knife posted yet that didn’t tickle my berries something fierce. Apparently I have something of a swedge fetish I didn’t know about before today.

This one may be a bit more difficult to explain to my therapist. My wife on the other hand? She’ll just say “Okay, so we’re at 1,368 fetishes and counting. I’m still not participating in any of the knife related ones.”

At least she gets me.

Back