Sweetheart Knife?

In addition to collecting knives (on a smaller scale) I collect WWI & WWII 1911 pistols (large scale).
One thing I've been fond of on some of the WW2 pistols is what's referred to as "Sweetheart Grips". These were typically made from plane windows/plexiglass and a soldier would place a picture or two of his "sweetheart" under the grips and it would show through.
SWEETHEARTgripsgioyg.jpg

Not to create more work for John :) but does anyone else think it would be cool to have a Kephart sized knife with "Sweetheart" handles that you could remove to place a picture or two under? Wife/Kids, etc?

Just a thought.
:thumbup:

I like that idea. Might be alot of work for John though. We all know hes busy as it is.

I used to do the same thing with the shifter handle in the various semis I've driven over the years.
They had a clear plastic top that could be pried up and a pic placed underneath.
I would put pics of.......well, a couple very fond of each other.
When the truck hit just the right rpm, the handle would vibrate and they appeared to be in motion.
Very amusing to a bored driver.

Dave

Wow, that's an incredible idea. My wife is way better looking than I deserve, and I'd love to show her off on my knives.

I already have threaded standoffs. The only problem is I could not do too much contouring on them, just round off the edges. When you sand lexan or plexiglass it gets where you cant see through it anymore. Maybe glue thin linen micarta slabs to the tang, then removeable plastic over them. If I did this I would require that you put a picture of me under them :eek:

Last edited:
If I did this I would require that you put a picture of me under them :eek:

Well...I'm sure you're a handsome man, but the image that just flashed in my head has given me second thoughts as to how much I like this whole idea. :eek:

Well...I'm sure you're a handsome man, but the image that just flashed in my head has given me second thoughts as to how much I like this whole idea. :eek:

You just have not seen a 56 yr old, 6' 2", 230 lb guy in a speedo :barf:

Last edited:
huh, if the knife makers on bladefourms got together and did a bikini calendar, I wonder what it would look like? Oh no, I just got the image! Is it wrong of me to want to drink this early in the morning? :)

You just have not seen a 56 yr old, 6' 2", 230 lb guy in a speedo :barf:

Now that is a rough mental image to get over this early in the morning. Definitely going to need more coffee.:D

What if pics were sent to you for individual work?

Just a thought guys. I usually have them fire through my head at random moments.

:):)

What if pics were sent to you for individual work?

Just a thought guys. I usually have them fire through my head at random moments.

:):)

I`ll have to measure up a Kephart size handle to see what would fit. Today I will be out with my daughter for the day (she is off work and buying me dinner, so I`m taking advantage of it) and going to Bass Pro, so I`ll get out to the shop tomorrow.

Back