Swiza review

mitch13

Gold Member
As there was an old swiza thread resurrected. I thought I would share a review for an Aussie forum that I did in December 2019.

Swiza

is a relative new knife making company but an old company., that is now producing their own swiss army style knife. A swiss watch making company that dates to the late 1800's.
As most people are probably aware, Victorinox bought out wenger a few years back, as I read the CEO of Wenger became the CEO of Swiza knife division but I couldn't verify it.
I have the swiza D04, since they first come out.

I have included a pic with my SAK tinker for size, the tinker has an extra small blade & toothpick.can opener

The swiza has more of ergonomic styling with a contoured handle & cut outs rather than nail nicks.

The scales are a rubber, that make for a comfortable grip, which I find good in the hand.

The can opener & bottle opener work well & the cut outs do make it easier to open.

phillips head works well.

The reamer/punch is sharp with a wicked point.

Main blade is really good, flat grind so a good slicer. I believe 440 is used but don't quote me. It came extremely sharp.
The element that might make these knives appeal, is the blade is a lock blade. A liner/button lock, you press on the cross to close it. When open if you press on the spine you can push the blade down a mm or so but no side movement, feels strong when using it

The fit & finish is very good, ergos make for a comfortable user.

The way I rate a knife, is if I'ld be wiling to purchase another. In this case yes I would.

With it's modern styling & lock blades. I can see it appealing to those whom prefer something updated. I know that some who read this will think nothing better than a SAK
but I reckon there' room for both and it's great to have another swiss maker.
Hope this is useful.
Mitch

Note since doing this review, I have found for some that no keyring attatchment is a deal breaker
TUKw4X.jpg
7vkWFq.jpg
M9bYDd.jpg
RsIdQe.jpg

thanks for sharing! the sw8za...
yeah its a little fancier and all for a sak type.
i certainly would have preffered that
it come with a wide clip point
main knife blade.
imho
it would have made all
the difference going up
against what victorinox.
has already been offering
for ages....

I like the video, thanks.
I would like to try an 07, as the scissors seem interesting.
Cheers
Mitch

Last edited:
Back