BJ8sfeS.jpg

aFL6nSw.jpg

D5icqtE.jpg

1cOkE1U.jpg

65ygkhx.jpg

z0zRUqy.jpg

Case medium stockman in richlite.

How It's Made

Layers of high-quality engineered paper are infused with thermosetting resin before they are cut to length and laid up by hand. Richlite's signature surface texture comes from the natural variation in how the fibers lay within the paper. Each sheet is carefully stacked, alternating the direction of the paper for ultimate balance and stability. The stacks are pressed under heat and pressure, which bonds the layers of paper together and cures the product. The panels are then slowly cooled to produce a solid and stable sheet material.
Richlite.com

IMG_7039.jpeg

Here is some Camillus faux..... something. Stag? Burnt jig bone?

View attachment 2321732
Staglon? 🤷‍♂️
Rick, Camillus called that Delrin Stag in their catalogs. Yours has faded quite a bit.

QuDSnLM.jpg
They're cool-looking knives :cool: No coincidence that this 'Schrade-Wostenholm' has similar lines :D :thumbsup:

Mp8vQLY.jpg

Case medium stockman in richlite.

How It's Made

Layers of high-quality engineered paper are infused with thermosetting resin before they are cut to length and laid up by hand. Richlite's signature surface texture comes from the natural variation in how the fibers lay within the paper. Each sheet is carefully stacked, alternating the direction of the paper for ultimate balance and stability. The stacks are pressed under heat and pressure, which bonds the layers of paper together and cures the product. The panels are then slowly cooled to produce a solid and stable sheet material.
Richlite.com

View attachment 2321751
Very interesting :cool: I used a resin-bonded wood laminate for my U1, stuff was so tough, I had a wood chisel made out of it! :D :thumbsup:

I5mNumv.jpg

Staglon? 🤷‍♂️

They're cool-looking knives :cool: No coincidence that this 'Schrade-Wostenholm' has similar lines :D :thumbsup:

Mp8vQLY.jpg

Very interesting :cool: I used a resin-bonded wood laminate for my U1, stuff was so tough, I had a wood chisel made out of it! :D :thumbsup:

I5mNumv.jpg
A Schrade knife by Wostenholm.... made in Camillus? Contracts abound!

Along with the Schrade/IXL, I had seen one one of these recently marked just IXL Wostenholm as well. It's a pretty distinct pattern and I thought there's a good chance Camillus had something to do with it but couldn't really dig up anything to support that.

A Schrade knife by Wostenholm.... made in Camillus? Contracts abound!

Along with the Schrade/IXL, I had seen one one of these recently marked just IXL Wostenholm as well. It's a pretty distinct pattern and I thought there's a good chance Camillus had something to do with it but couldn't really dig up anything to support that.
Well, is was all very secret at the time. Imperial had recently acquired the Richards Group in Sheffield, which included ownership of the old IXL/Wostenholm marks. They launched a range of knives, some of which included parts made by Camillus, which were shipped over to Sheffield, to be assembled, and finished, before being shipped over to the USA, where they were sold as 'Made in Sheffield'.

'IXL' was one of the marks of George Wostenholm, and was legitimately used by the historic firm on its knives. However, after Imperial went under, having ditched Richards, the Wostenholm marks, and those of various other old Sheffield firms, were acquired by a short-lived outfit called Meteor Industries, and then by another company, Eggington, who still use those marks on knives today.

Back