Sypercard........Fantastic!

My last Spyderco was an ATS-34 Military that was lost while snorkeling off the shores of Maui a few years ago. I recently picked up a Spydercard and I am genuinely impressed. Lock up is 100% and the blade shape is useful for general cutting tasks. It fits my billfold perfectly, but I prefer to carry it in the right front pocket. Out of all the currently available card/knives, it has got to be the best.

There are 4 things that are on my wishlist as far as a knife of this type is concerned. I know they would greatly increase the cost but they are:
1) ATS 34 blade steel (or better)
2) Titanium body
3) discreet pocket clip
4).....(this would be AWESOME) make it an auto with a blade under 2" for California carry.

As is.....it is a great knife.

Roger L. Su, D.C.
Above Down Inside Out

Hi Roger. Thanx for the kind words. It is an interesting piece. Not likely on the improvements though. I understand that Microtech is making an upscale one. Unfortunately, upscale means lots more money.

sal

Hello Mr. Glesser,

I have seen the Microtech Option II in the current issie of Blade magazine, and though it may have CF frame and a 154cm blade, it doesn't really look like a card. The blade is broad and would probably be good for slicing, but I like th geometric point of the the Spydercard much more. I don't doubt that the MT offering is lighter in weight, but I like the low-cost/high quality or the Spydercard. For a discreet, last-ditch defensive tool, it is hard to beat.

yeah, i got a spydercard a few weeks ago and just cannot stop raving about it. sure, it would be nice to have it lighter, but the price is fantastic. the design is simply sweet, and i love how there is a real 2.5" utility blade tucked in there. i have used it a bunch at the office already and all i get are either no responses, or light 'oohs' and 'aahhhs' from the secretary and other staff. not a single raise eyebrow. but let me tell you, i would NOT want to be on the other ed of that blade if it comes down to defense, but i think that won't have to happen. but it is also nce since i carry it with me wthout even thinking about it due to the shape, as it fits perfectly in any pocket (i like the coin pocket a la fred perrin). oh, and it even complies with the draconian 2.5" limit we have here in crime-free chicago, so no worries from any law enforcement officers (where a 3" blade is considered being "armed with a dangerous weapon" or "unlawful use of weapons", both felonies). for more, see here...

http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/il.txt

so great knife all around on every level. thanks Sal, Eduardo (RIP) et al.

[This message has been edited by vactor (edited 05-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by vactor (edited 05-02-2001).]

Brothers & Sisters 0f Steel,

A recent issue of KNIFE Magazine reviews the wallet cards. They omitted the Tekna but it is also available through retailers seen in this, and other, forums.

Regards,
Lance Gothic
Shibumi

Just bought one of those from a UK Formite! The half serrated model.

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Back