• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

T.A.Davison - #343 - California Buckeye Burl

T.A.DAVISON

Slip Joint Knife Maker
Do you like Burl Wood? I think it makes for a great knife.:thumbup:
Take a look, thanks!

For Sale - $425.00 shipped CONUS. This knife is sold - Thanks! Scott - enjoy the new knife.:thumbup:

Folder - #343

Scales - California Buckeye Burl ( stabilized)
Steel - ATS34, Rc. 60 - 61
Bolsters - 416 stainless steel
Liners - 410 stainless steel ( milled for clearance )
pivot bushing added.
Half Stop
Shield - 410 stainless steel ( inlaid by hand, and dbl. pined to liner )
The walk & talk is very nice.

Closed - 3 3/4''
Open - 6 11/16''

Hollow Ground
Hand Finished

Knife shipped in a leather case.

Thanks for the looks.

343AA.jpg

343BB.jpg

Love that burl! Keep using it.
Very tempting, if it was a jack blade I'd be all over it.

oh, man.
if this didn't have half stops, it would be MINE.
i LOVE the shape of that blade and i'm a big fan of burl scales.
outstanding.

Mito0, you don't like half stops ? i think they make a knife more desirable.
i have 2 of Todd's folders. the snap is very positive and blades very sharp.
i'm sure the very definite half stops have already saved my fingers.
buy it, and as soon as you get it, i bet you start to like half stops.
besides, that burl is fantastic. roland

Do you take your own photos? The photographs always show off your knives very well.

Of course, your knives would look good sitting on a pile of dog poop, but nice photos never hurt;)

Todd's knives have outstanding fit and finish. I still love mine and carry it as often as I can. It's a joy to use. :)

Todd:

I have wired money into my paypal account. If you can wait the two to three days it takes to clear. I'll take the knife and give it a good home in southern california. Could you make sure you give it the super sharp edge?:thumbup:

Todd:

I have wired money into my paypal account. If you can wait the two to three days it takes to clear. I'll take the knife and give it a good home in southern california. Could you make sure you give it the super sharp edge?:thumbup:

Scott,

I will make sure it has a hair splitting edge for you. :D

And mark this knife sold for you. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Todd Davison
knife maker

Brett a friend of mine takes the photo's for me. Not bad with a 2 pixel camera.

Thanks! for the replies all. :thumbup::thumbup:

Todd

Thanks Todd!:D
I have your #233 and really like it. I think you'll make a gentleman out of me! The burl in #343 knife is out of this world and both sides are matched!:eek: IMHO this knife is a bargain at twice the price!:thumbup:;):p I'm looking forward to adding more to my collection and my only regret if that I didn't jump all over that inlayed ironwood one you just made and is in your avitar!;)

Hey Scott Dog, that 's #339, MY knife, but really, this one is just as great, and those matched handles are going to delight you forever ! roland

Thanks Todd!:D
I have your #233 and really like it. I think you'll make a gentleman out of me! The burl in #343 knife is out of this world and both sides are matched!:eek:
IMHO this knife is a bargain at twice the price!:thumbup:;):p I'm looking forward to adding more to my collection and my only regret if that I didn't jump all over that inlayed ironwood one you just made and is in your avitar!;)

Scott,

You are very welcome,

I do match all my scales the best I can.

I was going to say you would have to ask Roland about #339.
And then, like HE said, this one is just as nice. AND it is. I list them, you like? you should jump on it.
Because you know there are no two a like, I just make them similar.
I don't think you will see one just like this one for a while...... :D

Scott you will be just like Roland, you will like it even better in hand. well other hand since #233 is in other hand,well in one hand,:confused: never mind. Good score. :thumbup:

You all take care.

Todd

Mito0, you don't like half stops ? i think they make a knife more desirable.
i have 2 of Todd's folders. the snap is very positive and blades very sharp.
i'm sure the very definite half stops have already saved my fingers.
buy it, and as soon as you get it, i bet you start to like half stops.
besides, that burl is fantastic. roland

yeah, it's weird.
i've actually cut myself pretty badly a couple of times opening a knife with half stops.
half stops have certainly never saved me from any injury.
i've bought dozens of knives with half stops over the years, but the only knife i've ever kept that has a half stop is a nice wharncliffe by hiroaki ohta. for some reason, he actually refuses to make a knife without half stops.
as nice as that knife is, i'll probably sell it.
that was probably the last knife i'll ever buy with a half stop.
i don't mind the 'half pause' action of some knives like the master blades on all of the wharncliffe whittlers made by queen, but hard half stops annoy me.
if i ever do something that poses the risk of a blade snapping onto my fingers, i just reach for a knife with a strong backspring rather than a half stop.

yeah, it's weird.
i've actually cut myself pretty badly a couple of times opening a knife with half stops.
half stops have certainly never saved me from any injury.
i've bought dozens of knives with half stops over the years, but the only knife i've ever kept that has a half stop is a nice wharncliffe by hiroaki ohta. for some reason, he actually refuses to make a knife without half stops.
as nice as that knife is, i'll probably sell it.
that was probably the last knife i'll ever buy with a half stop.
i don't mind the 'half pause' action of some knives like the master blades on all of the wharncliffe whittlers made by queen, but hard half stops annoy me.
if i ever do something that poses the risk of a blade snapping onto my fingers, i just reach for a knife with a strong backspring rather than a half stop.

The same here, I have made them in the past with NO half stops.
But from now on, they all will have half stops.

Later

Todd

sure, i can see where you coming from as a businessman.
it's just a little disappointing in that you were at the top of my "to get" list and now you're off of it entirely.
:(

sure, i can see where you coming from as a businessman.
it's just a little disappointing in that you were at the top of my "to get" list and now you're off of it entirely.
:(

disappointing for you. todd's folders are AMAZING. It's your loss.

Brett

Back