Tactical Straight Razor???

PA State Law does not ban the carry of razors. It does not [for the most part] ban the carry of knives. Daggers [double edge blades], switchblade/gravity knives and swords are regulated.

Using Killadelphia as the example of "local/jurisdictional laws" - Philly makes no distinction between a knife or a grooming appliance. Anything that cuts [to them] is synonymous to 'knife' - and the law applies. To that end, you and I agree.

My response was to DocT's response [post #7]. Doc asserted that carrying a razor outside the home was illegal and I simply replied that's up to the jurisdiction. That still holds true...and is up to the individual to seek out the appropriate laws for their area. That's all I said and all I meant...nothing more or less.

I still think you don't understand the point. I'm also interested in which states specifically ban razors, but not other knives.

I ran across a book in the 80's written in the 70's at the used book store that was about using a straight razor as a weapon. I just skimmed it, but even then they had a section about legality. The author said that some cities had specific ordinances against carrying straight razors as an early sort of anti-gang injunction--the same momentum that later went after nunchaku, balisongs, and any flavor of the day to make people look tough on crime. I would be surprised to see anybody prosecuted today for such a statute instead of a more generic Deadly Weapon bit, but life is full of surprises and old laws just sort of layer up. Trying to search out specific straight razor laws seems somewhat daunting.

Back