Tai Pan Lite?

So, the recent Tai Pan threads have me thinking. We've got a Tanto Lite, and it's awesome. We've got an Outdoorsman Lite, and it's awesome. Will Cold Steel ever release a Tai Pan Lite? I have a feeling it would sell like hot cakes. I know I'd buy one as soon as it's available!

It exists. It's called the Peacemaker I and II. And they're pretty awesome for the money, come with great sheats.

IMG_20160104_133519-960x1280.jpg

IMG_20160104_133531-1280x960.jpg

It exists. It's called the Peacemaker I and II. And they're pretty awesome for the money, come with great sheats.

I think you mean Peacekeeper, not Peacemaker? The Peacemaker isn't the knife shown there, this is the Peacemaker:
cold-steel-fixed-peace-maker-ii-satin-black-20pbl-large.jpg

The knife you showed is the Peacekeeper, and is no longer available cept maybe on Ebay, it's not on any retailer that I could find, nor is it listed on Cold Steel's website.

The Peacekeeper is unfortunately discontinued. Shame, as only for the past few months have I really been having a thing for daggers.

Last edited:
Keeper. Peacekeeper. I have 2 Peacekeeper 1s in 4116 and Carbon V just recently got the old kydex sheath for the latter to replace finally the shitty cordura sheath it came with. Very light blades. Weightless feel. I gifted the 4116 and kept the Carbon V. Named it Sharon, take a guess why.

Here were my comments in one of the recent Tai Pan threads:

I'd like to see a Tai Pan Lite of sorts: 4116 or AUS-8 blade with one piece molded polypropylene guard/handle/pommel unit with the grip portion overmolded with Kraton, but with the exact same shape and dimensions as the regular one (including blade thickness, not thinner like the other Lite knives), and in the same price range as the Boar Hunter .

I would LOVE to see CS do this. :thumbup::cool:

I stand corrected guys, Peacekeeper it is. Extra funny 'cause I even checked the name to see which one was the smaller and larger. :p

The Peacemaker is unfortunately discontinued. Shame, as only for the past few months have I really been having a thing for daggers.

Soon the Tai Pan in 3V will become available. Better than San Mai III. ;)

Here were my comments in one of the recent Tai Pan threads:

I would LOVE to see CS do this. :thumbup::cool:

I agree... If a "Lite" version ever came to be, it would need to keep the same dimensions as the original, including the thickness of the steel. Having a molded handle and a less pricey steel, it would still maintain the winning characteristics of this Cold Steel "home run" knife.

I agree... If a "Lite" version ever came to be, it would need to keep the same dimensions as the original, including the thickness of the steel. Having a molded handle and a less pricey steel, it would still maintain the winning characteristics of this Cold Steel "home run" knife.
It wouldn't be 'lite' if the dimensions were identical.
Regardless, I think a Lite Tai Pan would be a bad business decision, as they're already producing two different versions of the real thing.
AFAIC, I can't wait for the 3V version. :thumbup:

It wouldn't be 'lite' if the dimensions were identical.
Regardless, I think a Lite Tai Pan would be a bad business decision, as they're already producing two different versions of the real thing.
AFAIC, I can't wait for the 3V version. :thumbup:

Technically it might be lighter with the molded handle and absence of the guard, bolster and even pommel. Being that I consider the Tai Pan's blade to be just about perfect, I interpreted "Lite" as being so on the wallet. :) It probably wouldn't be a good business move, and that's why there's not a "Tai Pan Lite" on the market. Having a Tai Pan Lite with reduced dimensions would definitely take away from the best fighter around, and surely it would be a bad business move too. :)

Technically it might be lighter with the molded handle and absence of the guard, bolster and even pommel. Being that I consider the Tai Pan's blade to be just about perfect, I interpreted "Lite" as being so on the wallet. :) It probably wouldn't be a good business move, and that's why there's not a "Tai Pan Lite" on the market. Having a Tai Pan Lite with reduced dimensions would definitely take away from the best fighter around, and surely it would be a bad business move too. :)
Agreed, also, it doesn't seem like the 3V version will be all that expensive. It will be the most desirable dagger I can think of. :D

Back