Exhibition grade stabilized Koa
Almost sharp clip
Thumb serrations on rounded spine
Coined copper spacer
Stainless guard
RH vertical pouch sheath included

Takedown-1.jpg

Takedown-2.jpg

That's an awesome design. The blade itself is exquisite. I especially like that you designed it to be broken down like that. It's almost a rarity to see that nowadays, everything is to be sent in rather than doing the work yourself.

Very nice buddy....love the take-down tool. :cool:

Thanks Dudley - since you like the tool so much, why don't I send you one?! The trouble is there's no room for my maker's mark on it. It also serves double duty to push your nose hairs back up inside your nose without having to cut them. :D :D

Last edited:
That's an awesome design. The blade itself is exquisite. I especially like that you designed it to be broken down like that. It's almost a rarity to see that nowadays, everything is to be sent in rather than doing the work yourself.

I appreciate the feedback - thanks. Takedowns are really not that rare - you see a lot of them here in the custom knife thread. Some VERY fine ones have been recently posted by Messrs. Appleby and April. David Wesner makes a beautiful takedown (Gus) that is one of my favorites.:)

Last edited:
Very nice TK, seems you have been making quite a few take downs lately. Need to get a little stamp for your take down tools now.lol

Thanks Dudley - since you like the tool so much, why don't I send you one?! The trouble is there's no room for my maker's mark on it. It also serves double duty to push your nose hairs back up inside your nose without having to cut them. :D :D

That'd be great! I'd just need something like what's pictured with a bit of a double-guard and maybe a sharpened clip to use it on besides my nose hair. ;)

That'd be great! I'd just need something like what's pictured with a bit of a double-guard and maybe a sharpened clip to use it on besides my nose hair. ;)

Dudley: As a knifemaker, I consider it my responsibility to make recommendations to a potential client. This might be the ticket for you. The idea for the design came to me the last time I was in Saudi, Arabia. I came upon a group of Arabs standing around a camel. One fella was under the camel with a pair of bricks. I asked one of them what gives? I was told that they were castrating this camel. At that point, the guy with the bricks slammed them together on the camel's jewels. I said to one of the Arabs, "Gee, that must hurt." One of them responded: "It only hurts when you get your fingers between the bricks."

Out of this interchange came my idea for this design - The Camel Castrator. Now, if you have wide nostrils, I believe this design could fulfill your needs. :D

Camel-Knife.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ For the win! Easily "post of the year".

It's awesome, because you can see the punchline coming a mile away, and it still makes you laugh until you cry!

Back