Talonite EDC is here!!

I just opened the package from big brown and my EDC in talonite is great! It is centered and tight with an even better grind than the steel ones I bought! :D
The detent is not as stiff as the 154cm versions I have handled and it is just a really well made folder. The edge was barely shaving and I began to cut the shipping box to shreds! Granted, I have not had time to put it through any real tests but it is a great looking and very well made knife. Definitely worth the money to have a talonite folder!!
Thanks Will @ Camillus & thanks Roger @ BLFKW !!!!
I am officially a happy camper!:D :D

Jason - congrats on the new toy! I can't wait for mine to get here. IMHO this one has to be the "gotta get" folder :)

I expect a complete and thorough real world review of it from the heart of the Central American jungle :D

If anyone can find a way to use it as a machete . . . I will!!:D :eek: :D

It really is a "must have", how often do you get to buy a production folder with a talonite blade??

Originally posted by Jason Burns
how often do you get to buy a production folder with a talonite blade??

Not nearly often enough. I can think of many folders I would love to see with a talonite blade.

The Wegner and 710 would suit me just fine. :D

I cant wait to get one of the talonite EDC's. I just wish they made them a little bigger.

Thanks Jason, had to call Kristi@BLKW and order myself a talonite EDC also.

The knife came yesterday via the USPS.

Lock up seems fine and the grind on the blade is not typical of most knives. The body of the blade has a vertical grind that gives the blade a slight textured feeling vs the smooth, almost mirrored feeling of the CPM154 EDC. From what I hear, talonite is a *itch to grind so I can see why this is like this. On my custom talonite blades they are smoother, especially the one Neil Blackwood did for me (tht blade is very smooth). I like how Camillus uses the gold screws and pocket clip to distinguish this knife from the others. Seems like it will be a fine folder for its intended purposes.

I wonder if the handle will rust. I know the blade won't!

My only complaint isn't even a complaint really but I wish Camillus would update the box. My last 5 purchases from them (2 EDC's, talonite jig bone knife and CQB2) all say CUDA on the box. It should say EDC or CQB. Not a biggie--I am sure that keeps the cost of the toys down :).

Isn't it amazing the stuff Camillus is coming out with? I am so glad Will is there. What will they come up with next?

Gregg,
To answer your "observations", yup, the bladefinish is a "scotchbrite" satin because TALONITE is VERY difficult to grind and get a smooth finish on it. They still hate me at the in the grinding room for even bringing it in the door :rolleyes:

The frames are 420 stainless, heat treated. This is a very corrosion resistant cutlery steel, and we have not experience any corrosion problems associated with it. Yes, it can rust, but with minimal care, you shouldn't have a problem.

As for the box, well, a little explanation is in order. The markings on the box are correct. The name CUDA is for a group of knives[a line of knives as it were], within the CAMILLUS brand. CUDA stands for Camillus Ultra Design Advantage. This in incorparate all of the modern, custom collaboration type designs. As my father says, the "high tech stuff". The CUDA line started with the CUDA Quick Action folders, then the CUDA CQB series designed by Bob Terzuola, then the Simonich Designed TALON series, and now the models that we have done with DDR, the EDC's and the ARCLITE's.

So your newest knife from the cutlery company in Camillus, NY, is the CUDA EDC featuring a TALONITE blade. Or as it will probally be called, a TALONITE EDC ;)

I hope this helps you understand whats happening with CAMILLUS' product line, and why your boxes are marked the way that they are. Most of all, thanks for your interest!

I understand now, I guess I was confused by the picture on the literature of the folding knives (quick action). Makes perfect sense now.

So Will, what are you guys gonna do next? :)

Back