Talwar Handle dimensions

I'm interested in the Talwar but have no shop where I can try one.
Thus I need your help. To see if it fits.

I have very large hands and the 5 inch long Ultimate Hunter Grip fits just perfect but shouldn't be any shorter.
The Talwar is 5 and a quarter and therefore should fit but it's shape is different and I don't know how much of that 5.25 could be held by a hand.
It would be great to see a comparison shot of the Ultimate Hunter which I know works and the Talwar.

Also the Talwar handle is a bit more profiled and has grooves for the fingers. How wide is the first groove?
Depending on the depth I'd need it to be up to 1 inch wide.

Thank you for your help with this.

I can't give you exact dimensions, but I will say I found the handle on the 4" Talwar to be quite uncomfortable and cramped. I find the UH quite comfortable as well, so I would recommend staying away from the Talwar at least until you've handled one. I want very badly to like that knife, but I just find it doesn't work for my hands.

I can't give you exact dimensions, but I will say I found the handle on the 4" Talwar to be quite uncomfortable and cramped. I find the UH quite comfortable as well, so I would recommend staying away from the Talwar at least until you've handled one. I want very badly to like that knife, but I just find it doesn't work for my hands.
Thank you. That helps a lot.
Do you think the bigger Talwar would be any better or are the similar sized finger grooves a problem even if the handle is longer.

Thank you. That helps a lot.
Do you think the bigger Talwar would be any better or are the similar sized finger grooves a problem even if the handle is longer.

I haven't handled the larger Talwar, but I think it would work fine. The downturn in the pistol grip was what causing the cramping, not the grooves, so I would guess a longer handle would solve that problem.

I wear a medium-sized glove. The handle of the 4-inch blade Talwar fits my hand well.

I would recommend the 5.5-inch blade Talwar for those with larger hands. As the handle is much larger.

I'm interested in the Talwar but have no shop where I can try one.
Thus I need your help. To see if it fits.

I have very large hands and the 5 inch long Ultimate Hunter Grip fits just perfect but shouldn't be any shorter.
The Talwar is 5 and a quarter and therefore should fit but it's shape is different and I don't know how much of that 5.25 could be held by a hand.
It would be great to see a comparison shot of the Ultimate Hunter which I know works and the Talwar.

Also the Talwar handle is a bit more profiled and has grooves for the fingers. How wide is the first groove?
Depending on the depth I'd need it to be up to 1 inch wide.

Thank you for your help with this.
I can't lie, I'm too lazy to measure it. But I can say this, I'm 6'5" and have big hands. The Talwar handle is comfortable to me.

I can't lie, I'm too lazy to measure it. But I can say this, I'm 6'5" and have big hands. The Talwar handle is comfortable to me.
I'm only 6'2". What is your glove size? When I get lucky one out of 5 different XXL models fits. But usually its XXXL.

I haven't handled the larger Talwar, but I think it would work fine. The downturn in the pistol grip was what causing the cramping, not the grooves, so I would guess a longer handle would solve that problem.
I will try the large one then though it's a bit too large for my taste.
Maybe grinding the G10 of the smaller one will do.
I got to find some local dealer.

Back