Weight --15 oz
Spine thickness --1/4''
White metal fittings
Navy blue leather sheath
Price $85.00 *SOLD*

11-28-12004.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all

Last edited:
FYI there may be some confusion on whether the photographs and statistics for this DOTD actually represent the new Tamang knives that Yangdu has available. I know there was a note from the admin regarding posting then retraction of a bid, but in this particular case (per e-mail from Yangdu) the knife listed is not the one being sold.

I have to retract my purchase of TK #3. If the admin decides that I need to be banned for this, so be it.

For what it is worth, Yangdu noted that she has a similar knife for sale with Chiruwa style dhar wood handle at 15 oz weight.

There should be a law against such decadence. All these wonderful classic stick tang Tamang knives. I actually when back and forth, should I, yes, no, yes, no, and then NYCDanMan took the choice away by buying No. 2.

These are Nepal (IMO). Thank you Himalayan Imports for putting out these traditional Kukris.

Loved your review, sweetcostarica!
Made me want to get one of the dark blades...so happy it's the rare tamang. Sorry to shark you, but #4 looks awesome!

All gone, stay tuned

Loved your review, sweetcostarica!
Made me want to get one of the dark blades...so happy it's the rare tamang. Sorry to shark you, but #4 looks awesome!
No problem my indecision got the better of me. To be honest the KLVUK is a real good working Kukri that's easy to love. But these Tamang knives are real good classic Kukris in a different package. I don't know much about their history only that I've seen their pictures in meat markets in and out of Nepal. I have also seen them on farms.
Below: Picture by Cpl Punishment
Cpl P Tamang K.jpg
Here's what Cpl Punishment said about his knife:
"Both cut well, the Tamang being more kukri-like in shape is a bit easier to use in a chopping fashion. It went through palmetto stalks with just a minor flick of the wrist, cut the fronds themselves with little effort, both toward and away from the stalk, and removed brush (wood less than 3/4" in diameter) with aplomb. After the initial stropping, I haven't had to resharpen it. It's an exceptionally fast and nimble blade, easy to change directions with and be accurate with your swings. It's also probably more intuitive to use for those used to straight western blades, due to it not having as much curvature as a regular kukri."

Looks like they're all gone :grumpy:. Until the next batch :).

.... Those went far quicker than I was expecting. Hope some more come up! Sitting on the fence was a bad idea with that set...

Notice how they all are around the 1 oz. per inch size/weight. And I was swearing off buying any more till after taxes....

The Tamang is one of my favorite blades, I love the style, shape and weight.
DSC_0074.jpg

OMG!! Why did I have to not be paying attention today!! Those are truely works of art...... That Chiruwa Tamag would have been my end all blade..... I can't believe I missed that.... SMH

Make some more of these. They are like a lighter and much nicer version of my No1 Ugly Kukri. They also look very functional. The Tamang style sheath show in PUGS75 photos would be the icing on the cake. A firestarter loop would be awesome.

FYI there may be some confusion on whether the photographs and statistics for this DOTD actually represent the new Tamang knives that Yangdu has available. I know there was a note from the admin regarding posting then retraction of a bid, but in this particular case (per e-mail from Yangdu) the knife listed is not the one being sold.

I have to retract my purchase of TK #3. If the admin decides that I need to be banned for this, so be it.

For what it is worth, Yangdu noted that she has a similar knife for sale with Chiruwa style dhar wood handle at 15 oz weight.

Latticino,

There may be some genuine confusion here.I was fortunate enough to log on only a couple of minutes after Yangdu listed these knives, and immediately sent an e-mail for #3 , the chiruwa handle.This was some 20-25 minutes before your bid was made. (In passing I tried to indicate on the forum that E mail sent , but the message didn't take.)
I have no knowledge of your e mail trail with Yangdu, but just wondered if she was offering you another one from the next days tranche of offers. I am a relative newbie to the site, but don't believe that Yangdu would post misleading pics. I wonder if she was simply offering you a simlar alternative?

Tartan George

Back