• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tanto/Kwaiken

Hello, I'm seeking a tanto or kwaiken. I posted a thread in the general forum and was directed this way. Here is the thread I posted

I'll try to get all the information into one post here.

Let's start with the steel. I'm looking for 20cv, 204p, or magnacut. I'm open to possibly discussing alternatives but it must be an American steel. Plenty of foreign steels are awesome and I own some. But I'd like to keep it closer to home this time. I believe stainless will be best based on the time I spend fishing, kayaking, and outdoors in any and all weather from 5* and snow to 100* and heavy rain. I'd like roughly a 3.25" blade and a similar handle to blade ratio. A stonewashed finish would be perfect. I definitely don't want mirror polished.

Next we'll talk about the grinds. I'd like something with a hollow grind on the main bevel and a flat grind on the tip.

Rough micarta scales somewhat imitating traditional cord wraps, with blue G10 liners, pins and lanyard tube. Another possibility if available would be blue turbo glow carbon fiber liners, pins, and lanyard tube.

Finally I'd like a pancake style kydex sheath set up for horizontal and vertical carry with a tek-lok.

If it makes a difference, I'm seeking a user knife not a safe queen piece of art. This knife will most likely spend it's life cutting tape and twine. I don't see it ever being used to chop, pry, or taking serious abuse. Holding an edge for as long as possible is important to me.

Now let's see what we can come up with!

Hello D dryflytrout
I can build this for you! I will say my current wait time is at 3.5 months, and my prices are a little higher then most, but you get what you pay for!
If you would like to talk about details please send me an Email at bunkerhillblades@gmail.com
If you'd like to see some of my work you can visit my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/bunkerhillblades/, if you don't have Instagram I can absolutely send you photos through Email!

Regards,
Joseph

Back