Taser C2 Question

I have a question for you Taser C2 owners out there - how long has your battery been lasting?

According to the instructional DVD I got from Taser, the lithium battery is supposed to last 5 years. Well, guess what? My first lasted less than a year, and my second lasted about SIX MONTHS. And, that is with zero drive stun/stun gun type demos. And, less than 5 seconds of light on/ laser on checking once a month.
forestcamo.jpg

I know the exact dates because I wrote a check for the Taser and checked the date of purchase. When that battery went bad, a nice lady who was working the Taser booth at the 2012 Shot show was nice enough to give me a new battery when I complained. And, that was six months ago.

So, my 5 year batteries are lasting an average of 9 months - about 1/5 of the time they are supposed to. At $30 a pop, in 5 years I'm paying $150 dollars instead of $30 - that's a lot of pepper spray.

I think I am going to send in my unit for exchange. I am a bit hesitant to because I have a camo pattern unit which is now discontinued.

Anyway, like I said, is anyone getting 5 years of battery life out of their Taser? Or, anywhere near that?

I finally got in touch with someone from Taser. They told me to ship the unit back for inspection. They will either repair or replace the unit. Oh, I was wrong, they told me the battery should last from 2-3 years. Hmm. I read somewhere a guy took the Taser battery apart, and that it was basically just two CR123A batteries wired together. And, Surefire tells me those will last 10 years in storage. Of course, activating the laser and led flashlight once a month is going to take up some power, but still.

Anyway, 2-3 years is a lot better than the 6-12 months I've been getting. I'll update this when I get my unit back - hopefully the update will be in 3 years!

Here's am update on my Taser situation. Taser received my C2 on Friday. I didn't hear anything from them via phone or email, so I had to call them up, that's the bad part.

The good part is they answered my call quickly. They told me they did find some kind of electrical problem with my unit - that was as specific as they got. They told me they are going to send me a new unit. And that there would be no charge for my replacement.

I should add this was all done by Tuesday, so they had my unit for less than 3 days. Bravo Taser!

So, I'm happy to say, I'm pretty satisfied with Taser's customer service.

Glad to see you got your Taser fixed. I carry one one at work (LEO/X26) and periodically we turn them in for system updates. I know one of the latest updates had something to do with power management.

GOOD LUCK!
My department issues X26's, and the average life expectancy of the entire unit is about four to six months. Frankly, the quality of Taser products is abysmal. One day you go to test it and...nothing. Worked fine the day before, then sat over night in a locker and now it won't work. That's why we test them every day before shift.

Every time I turn one in for replacement I think about how pissed off I'd be if I had purchased it myself.

Back