1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Tax return gadgets?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by viva la, Feb 6, 2012.

1. viva la

viva la

Jan 13, 2010
    what gadgets you gonna spend you r tax return on?

I just ordered a Stag Arms Model 3. Soon as the checks are deposited I'll go pick it up.

[​IMG]

2. Varg Lobos

Varg Lobos

May 20, 2007
    I'm spending it all on flashlights!!

Sunwayman
    foursevens
    Fenix
    Surefire

3. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

best

mqqn

4. M67

M67 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Don't know yet. Knives, ammo.......lots of ammo.....

I have been eyeing on making an Adams Arms AR with a Spike's lower though, but I need to pick up my CZ first........

5. Les Snyder

Les Snyder

Jul 6, 2010
    Trijicon TA31F.... red chevron

6. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    I think I'll get myself an exotac firesteel, a new set of glasses, and the rest for other bills. Nothing fancy but that's okay, I don't really need anything at the moment.

7. viva la

viva la

Jan 13, 2010
    I'm actually having second thoughts...ran across these and it looks very appealing to me:

[​IMG]

8. Gollnick

Gollnick Musical Director

Mar 22, 1999
    The usual: a bottle of scotch to deaden the pain of having done the return.

Seriously, if you are getting a big refund, you need to adjust your withholding.

9. texas gun person

texas gun person

Jun 9, 2010
    Thinking about a road bike. Running sucks... I like cycling. :thumbup:

Seriously Gollnick. ^^ Everyone gets all excited about a big return. It just means they kept more than they should have the rest of the year. :(

10. viva la

viva la

Jan 13, 2010
    Gollnick, I file a simple return at the end of the year.

I usually get back 3-500 federal and 1-200 state. You may think i'm having too much taken out, I'm ok with it. I would rather get money back than take the chances of owing money at the end of the year.

It all balances out anyways and its nice to get a little chunk of cash love back from the government each year.

11. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    I completely understand this logic, but it actually works much better for me to get it all at once back from the gubment. I'm expecting about $1400 back, which when you boil it down is about $50/bi-weekly paycheck. If I had an extra $50 each paycheck, I wouldn't have it, because I'd just blow it on something frivolous, and it forces me to be more careful with my spending in the meantime. I have a savings account of course, but I've tried using it to save, and it simply doesn't work for me. I realize that letting the gubment hang onto it isn't the wisest of savings plans, nor am I the wisest saver, but I was at least wise enough to realize this and try something different. Plus I'm spared the unpleasant surprise of owing money that I don't have because I blew it on something frivolous.

As for what I'm getting with my refund, I'll take a picture of everything with the new camera I'll be getting along with all the other stuff I'm getting when I get it all.

12. Slidetechnik

Slidetechnik

Jul 16, 2009
    I'm probably going to put it into a retirement account :-(

13. Infi-del

Infi-del Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2009
    You guys are giving the gubment an interest free loan. Why not keep it... invest it... and make a profit on it?

14. Revenuer

Revenuer

Dec 10, 2011
    I like my Spikes lower.
    [​IMG]

15. viva la

viva la

Jan 13, 2010
    I think i explained my reasoning on this. and lets be honest, 500-600$ is not much money.

I would rather overpay than underpay.

I suppose you have figured out your taxes so when you file you come out exactly $0 return?

Oh, and I really don't mind "giving the gubment and intrest free loan" of 600$ for less than a year.

16. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    If I'm due a tax return, there are several things I 'need':

More knives.
    Replacement top for the S2000
    Walther PPK

Of course Wife may have some different ideas. :D

17. grelcar

grelcar

Dec 30, 2007
    I'll use my ink despensing gadget to stroke a check to the IRS.

18. JHuss

JHuss

Oct 15, 2010
    Thinking of picking up an Eberlestock X3 LoDrag pack, and a BK9.
    [​IMG]

19. M67

M67 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Nice :thumbup:

I still want to hold an inspect one before I pull the trigger on one, but I hear they're great and their stock trigger is probably once of the best.

20. medtech

medtech

Mar 5, 2006
    A Honda Rancher atv.....does that count as a gadget:)