Teflon adhesive?

Has anyone found an adhesive that sticks to Teflon? Seems like I'm trying to do something that shouldn't be done. I have some Teflon blocks that I want to use as handle material, on a spoon. The handle will be 6" with a 3" split over the spoon tang that will have 2 pins through it. I would like to use this if possible, but may end up with another handle material if I have to.

I would expect you will need to rough up the surfaces your are joining but beyond that I am not sure what if any adhesive will actually bond to that material.

Silicone is another along with the polyethylene group are very difficult .
ALL smooth surfaces should be roughened before attempting to paint or glue ! !

Trying searching "PTFE adhesive" or "Teflon adhesive", and you should get some results.

Here's an example:

Just use Corby bolts and a good sealant type adhesive. The adhesive won't really bond the PTFE, but it will make a tight seal. The bolts will provide the strength.

Has anyone found an adhesive that sticks to Teflon? Seems like I'm trying to do something that shouldn't be done. I have some Teflon blocks that I want to use as handle material, on a spoon. The handle will be 6" with a 3" split over the spoon tang that will have 2 pins through it. I would like to use this if possible, but may end up with another handle material if I have to.
This is quote from AndrewC ,member here

In my latter waste-to-fuel venture company, I was designing a microreactor that required bonding high-temp inert tubing to high-temp ("pyrex"-type) glass - which is already a challenge, but guess what the tubing was? Teflon. Everyone's heard of the ol' "so how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?". Basically, you don't. It isn't "stuck", it's "locked", mechanically. So we're sticking Teflon to glass - fun, huh? We were using a technique* from a team at Lehigh: the glass was etched with a diamond hole-saw, and the Teflon was micro-'etched' with a funky fluoro- compound. That created a much larger, very ragged irregular surface area at the micro-level, "increasing bondability and co-efficient of friction" according to the FluoroEtch datasheet. We then used Duralco 4460 high-temp, low-viscosity, low-shrinkage epoxy from CoTronics. So, basically, the epoxy wasn't really so much "stuck" to the Teflon, as it was like having a too-small threaded bolt in a threaded hole, with a really sticky strong gap filler locking them together. Key is obviously just surface roughness/surface area; also clean surface prep so there was good bonding to the glass. Seems pretty analogous, now. So, that said, here're your thoughts & my responses.

I did have some limited success in bonding silicone sheet together , using silicone sealer. I also remember talking to a plastics guy - he said if you developed an adhesive for polyethylene you would be a billionaire overnight ! :(

Back