Tell me about your R1306 pattern knives

Hi folks,

I have been attracted to this pattern and I was hoping to hear the opinions of people who own an R1306 pattern. I know Remington made them (obviously) and there were other production companies like Queen and GEC who made their own versions but are there any other productions models out there in this pattern?

Also, I believe the 2016 Case/Bose collaboration was a fancy version of an R1306 and I am very tempted by one. What are people's impressions of those? Are there any custom makers out there who can make one in stainless for a comparable price? I guess what I am really saying here is show me your customs, please :D

All comments and picture are welcome!

I didn't know which pattern the R1306 is, so I did a quickie web search for it.
All that showed up was a sortta Trapper looking 4.5 inch lockback with faux Delrin Stag covers. The only year mentioned is that it was The 1990 Bullet knife.
Did Bear and Sons make the Remington knives in 1990, or did they come later?

I didn't know which pattern the R1306 is, so did a web search for it.
All that showed up was a sortta Trapper looking 4.5 inch lockback with faux Delrin Stag covers. The only year mentioned is that it was The 1990 Bullet knife.

Camillus 100% at that time.
Bear didn't take over till some time after Camillus closed.

I didn't know which pattern the R1306 is, so I did a quickie web search for it.
That one with the delrin covers was the first of the Camillus made Remington Bullet reproduction series. There were other versions later with real jigged bone.

NrzAsrI.jpg

m59R7Ls.jpg

The 1306 is a big knife. There are some good 3/4 and 5/8 sizes out there.
Ryu kawamura makes an amazing one.

I’ve got a couple in the works from other makers. But very high on my upcoming list will be a wharncliff trapper and a 1306 from ryu. Still maybe a year to 1.5 out on ordering them but I want to get them at the same time. Gonna be a heckuva NKD when I do lol!

Hi folks,

I have been attracted to this pattern and I was hoping to hear the opinions of people who own an R1306 pattern. I know Remington made them (obviously) and there were other production companies like Queen and GEC who made their own versions but are there any other productions models out there in this pattern?

Also, I believe the 2016 Case/Bose collaboration was a fancy version of an R1306 and I am very tempted by one. What are people's impressions of those? Are there any custom makers out there who can make one in stainless for a comparable price? I guess what I am really saying here is show me your customs, please :D

All comments and picture are welcome!

The Bose Case wilfred hunter is Tony's version. It's leaner than the original, much better than any Cammilus version, and to me as good, if not better than the original. Tony was real proud of it. Buy one :)

The Bose Case wilfred hunter is Tony's version. It's leaner than the original, much better than any Cammilus version, and to me as good, if not better than the original. Tony was real proud of it. Buy one :)

I'm sure hat you will be pleased to learn that I did! I have an antique bone on the way up to Canada. I will have to post my impressions once it arrives.

Just recently acquired this, took a leap of faith as I know next to nothing about Chamblin. Asked a question in recent post https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-traditionals-of-course.1167349/post-21731100 with no answers - would like to know if possible please, are these highly regarded, any comments welcome as it obviously originates from across your side o' the pond. Am guessing they are, but seem to find little info on the 'net.

The knife itself is a delightful handful, a knife that begs to be used. Frustratingly at my time of life, I get torn between using and just fondling so it doesn’t lose any value :rolleyes:

(blade is 3-1/4"; CPM154)

Last edited:
Here is an original Remington!! Definitely broken in!! Great old Stag on this knife; Tony Bose was going to tune it up for me, but sadly never got around to it!! R.I.P. Tony!!View attachment 2066580View attachment 2066581View attachment 2066582
The originals are coveted for a reason. Gorgeous example you have there Charlie. A shame yours didn't get the Bose tune up. I have had the fortune to handle a couple that he had applied his masterful touch to. Truly something to handle and behold.

Glad you appreciate it, Jason!! They do have a "certain something" in hand!!
Thanks!!

Just recently acquired this, took a leap of faith as I know next to nothing about Chamblin. Asked a question in recent post https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-traditionals-of-course.1167349/post-21731100 with no answers - would like to know if possible please, are these highly regarded, any comments welcome as it obviously originates from across your side o' the pond. Am guessing they are, but seem to find little info on the 'net.

The knife itself is a delightful handful, a knife that begs to be used. Frustratingly at my time of life, I get torn between using and just fondling so it doesn’t lose any value :rolleyes:

(blade is 3-1/4"; CPM154)

That's a fine looking knife, Paul! I'm no expert on knifemakers, but I've got 3 that Joel made, and they're as nice as anything I've seen. If you do a search for his knives you'll see he's a talented maker. He turns out a lot of multi-blade traditional folders, based on the old patterns. Not sure why he doesn't get much traction on this forum.

Back