Tell me why I want a new BK7

I have been wanting one of these bad boys since they came out, but wanted to wait until the verdict was in as to their quality from KaBar. Now I'm not going to lie, I love my RAT(RC) knives and there is a little voice inside my head that says "why get anything else?" I like the price and the looks but how does this knife really stand up to the other competitors that cost a little more? Thanks.

I can't comment on the KaBar models as I don't have one yet, but my Camillus BK7 is one of my favorite knives.

If you're waiting until they've proven themselves, I think you can proceed with confidence.:)

Brother I am a huge RC fan... but I also own most of the KABAR Beckers too. FOr the money they are fantastic. I Have A BK7 and it is one of my favorite blades. Trust me... from one RAT freak to another.. you need a BK7. (Plus, Jeff Randall really likes and recommends Ethan Becker and his designs so you know that's saying something...)

KA BAR is a good company and they put out a great product. Ethan is a seasoned (possibly a little too seasoned :D) knife designer and user. Ka Bar also has a great warranty. Just remember this is a reliable knife that is made for work.

Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop
www.ridgeknifeshop.com

I think that the best part of owning a Becker Knife besides the performance to price ratio, the toughness of the blades, the performance of the knives in the field, the durability of the coating, the edge holding properties, the utility of the sheath supplied with them, owning a knife designed by a man with the qualities of Ethan, and the warranty that Ethan stands behind with a passion, is the fact that they are seriously cool knives:D

Chuck

KA BAR is a good company and they put out a great product. Ethan is a seasoned (possibly a little too seasoned :D) knife designer and user. Ka Bar also has a great warranty. Just remember this is a reliable knife that is made for work.

Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop
www.ridgeknifeshop.com

Thanks for the input guys. I will be ordering from you Tom when I gots the $, being home boys and all.:thumbup:

i think that the best part of owning a becker knife besides the performance to price ratio, the toughness of the blades, the performance of the knives in the field, the durability of the coating, the edge holding properties, the utility of the sheath supplied with them, owning a knife designed by a man with the qualities of ethan, and the warranty that ethan stands behind with a passion, is the fact that they are seriously cool knives:d

chuck

very well put and 110% correct as well

If i was to recomend a bomber tough and wicked sharp woods knife to a person, it would be a BK7 (original or the kabar/BK). I love mine and it is the benchmark that i judge all my other woods knives by.

A BK7 is the perfect size knife. I also own RAT knives, but the BK7 is awesome. It's at a size that is not too small for chopping, but not too large for a carryall knife.:D

Thanks,

We'll take good care of you, we value our customers.

Tom

I will vouch for what Tom said. Having gotten my 7 from him, I can tell you what he just said is 100% true.

Back