Temperline picture

Hello all, just thought I would post a pic of the completely etched blade with the nice greyed finish. I was wrong in the other temperline post, I looked back at my notes and I did dilute the FeCL 2 to 1 with water, but left the solution on for a while to achieve the frosted look. Kind of a persian-japanese fighter, forged 1095, and water quenched, 350 for 2 hours, twice. Bocote wood and nickel .

Not quite srue why i clicked on that, since I've held it in my hands, but oh well. :)

let me say though, the picture doesn't do the temper line justice. Or the handle for that matter, love that wood. but that's not the point right now. :)

Beautiful blade, that might have come home with me if I hadn't just payed another several hundred to school.

Thanks all, It turned out better than I had planned. And thanks Joel, it has not been spoken for yet. And yes the picture is not great, the digital camera and I are still geting to know one another. Again thanks, I should have a couple of other projects done before the ABS class and I will try to get pictures of those up.

Back