Terminus XR

SpySmasher

Lead Guitar
Any forumites have one in hand? I've been interested in this knife since it was announced because of the XR lock. I'm going to get on the interwebs to hunt reviews but I need to ask here on BF as well, the place I trust the most.

Any forumites have one in hand? I've been interested in this knife since it was announced because of the XR lock. I'm going to get on the interwebs to hunt reviews but I need to ask here on BF as well, the place I trust the most.

What makes the the XR lock unique or compelling? I’d be interested to know how it works.

It is a handsome knife for a sog.

I wonder if those liners are ti or steel. Probably steel or they would have mentioned it.

Last edited:
What makes the the XR lock unique or compelling? I’d be interested to know how it works.
I don't really know. I'm hoping someone can tell me that, too. Just looking at it, it seems it could be:

1) An Axis Lock by another name.
2) A Bolt Lock by another name.
3) Something evolved from 1 or 2.

All of those interest me for one reason or another.

I'd like to know more about this model too. Maybe you should start a thread in General where more people will see it.
There's a new review on youtube.

Having one for several months, and I'm highly impressed. It is an Axis derivative, but the springs are shorter in arc, making the lockout stronger and quicker. It's also on bearings....I'm not a huge fan of bearings in a pivot for a working knife, but haven't had the issues I've had with other pivot-bearing equipped knives.

For 2019 they are going to release two G10 variations in green and red.

Plus the SEAL XR with a 3.9-inch S35VN blade.

Saw these at blade show west. Tony’s review caught my interest but had never seen one in person.
Bought one. Then I went back to buy 2 more for gifts. Great knife.

Just received my Terminus XR with OD G10 scales in the mail today. I'm very impressed with the quality of knife for only $50.

I just ordered the all black one.
D2, 3" blade, G10, and the XR lock.
Can't wait to rotate this one.

Just got my Terminus XR yesterday. Got the CF version and am nothing but very impressed. My copy came flawless. Dead on center blade, stainless liners, REAL carbon fiber, caged bearing pivot and one of the nicest blade shapes I have seen on a smaller folder. The XR lock is very much like the Axis lock with shorter springs. The Terminus XR is quite honestly better than my SOG Vulcan collection. The flipper tab on the XR is a touch sharp but still works well. Best 70 bucks I have spent on a folder in a long time. Oh..the BLADE on the Terminus is flawless. Not a single aspect of it came "wrong".

I will post some Terminus XR pics over the next couple days. Going to be raining here for a couple of days so I will do the best I can with some indoor shots. The BLADE on my copy is literally sharp enough to shave with. The bevels on both sides are perfectly even! The SOG deep carry clip is very good. Not like the flimsy SOG clips on my Vulcans. Gonna be a couple of weeks before the knife fund is replenished enough for me to pick up the huge new SEAR XR.

Recently got the CF version of the Terminus XR and am very glad I did. My expectations were not that high but this new XR SOG is one of the best knife purchases I have made this year. I was expecting the CF to just be a CF sticker on G10. It is not it is all CF all the way through. The knife flips just fine light switch style. The BLADE on this thing is OUTSTANDING. My copies blade is not only perfectly ground the edge on both sides of the blade are perfectly even. Came out of the package shaving sharp. Am going to order the SEAL XR soon. SOG has sold me on their new blades. I am confident the SEAL XR is just as well done despite the GRN handle.

Bought this knife just recently in CF and I have to say it's the best $40 (on sale) on a knife I've ever spent. The blade and scales are flawless and it's a really smooth action that's become my favorite now. SOG should stay along these lines with their new designs because this knife is a winner.

Last edited:
Back