Terror Monkey

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by MikeH, Aug 15, 2020.

1. MikeH

MikeH

Oct 18, 2001
    On a for sale post, the question was asked about what is a Terror Monkey. In view of the injunction to avoid extraneous posts in the sale forum, I will try to answer here.

Per my 74 year old memory, which is subject to correction by other old-timers:

Terror Monkey was originally a series of three different blade lengths of the same pattern with a unique camo pattern coating. Although not official word from Busse, scuttlebutt was that the term applied to Israeli commandos who boarded a targeted ship by rappelling from helicopters.

later on, the term Terror Monkey was applied to certain runs of other blade patterns also.

tuica and luethge like this.
  2. MikeH

MikeH

Oct 18, 2001
    tuica and d762nato like this.
  3. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Thanks, Mike.:thumbsup:

tuica likes this.
  4. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I got one of the AA-type Terror Monkeys from a 2008 ganzaaa. I'd remembered (or misremembered) more of an explanation of the name, and that it had something to do with Israeli commandos or counter-terrorism troops, or something like that. Must have seen it somewhere else.

After I bought one of those fewer-than-30 AA-type knives, I found out they were likely illegal in Texas (because the knife could be construed as brass knuckles, which were illegal to possess even in the privacy of your own home). I must have lost that knife in a boating accident or something. Now that they've repealed that stupid law, I guess I'll have to dredge the lake and see if it turns up.