Tested the HUCK!

First of all the HUCK is amazing. The handle is super comfortable and I doubt anybody can ever get any blisters with it. It feels very fast in hand. As a weapon it would feel very good. Definitely something I would pick when something were to go bump in the night.

I couldn't test it's performance against more realistic targets (combat knife) however I had this redwood lying around which had been drying for 2 years. Cutting it in half with a sawzall took me 20+ minutes...
I put my best chopper against the HUCK and here is what happened.
The HUCK was biting deep like crazy but also had a lot of stickage. I think appleseeding the edge will fix that.

It felt lighter than my so far best Kukri and wasn't able to eat up this redwood as fast. Maybe a 20 percent difference in time and felt effort
c943a714b0d8b6182d2e83598cb49903.jpg
d57d4422dc6481b5700b6954e334a384.jpg

But was it really because it's lighter?
It turns out is is not lighter, it just felt like it.
9b3a8868e7b3c2926f18717af918f904.jpg
53e00e9e4501edb6069bd6e94cda49a2.jpg

It must have been the balance which makes the HUCK feel so amazing and fast. You can see the point of balance marked with a sharpie on both.
9ddc287b7689bcec6de0c4f051c1cc95.jpg

Similar length and weight but different balance? Looking at the spines shows what's different. While the HUCKs spine is drastically thinner than the other Kuk it doesn't have any distal taper. The other Kukri has a radical taper in the handle shifting it's balance more forward.
138324ffc576ff7b6f783d8b01e11ba5.jpg
b27369d3358bc64eb22037d58bc65141.jpg
4c612265441b36446bdefe31c01270a8.jpg

Is one better than the other?
Well they seem to be made for different purposes. When it comes to chopping super crazy hard wood one is better. However when it comes to chopping more normal wood, bush and zombies I bet the HUCK with its speed will be king. Well for chopping and stabbing Zombies the HUCK Finn should excel.

Then of course there are also important things like corrosion resistance, edge holding and what if one hits a rock by mistake (or on purpose). All things which I've no clue about after playing with the HUCK for only 5 minutes.

Can't wait to put up the HUCK against other blades in Tatami cutting. I don't think it will be very fair. :-D

Needless to say. I'm super happy with this cool piece of INFI

The Huck looks to be a winner! Congratulations!!!
Thank you. To me it is a winner for sure.
Also no point telling hogs that INFI still shaved afterwards and there were no dings in the edge. Everybody knew that already. :-D

The more I see of the HUCK the more I like it. I'm not a fan of that grind (seems to scream "mass production / CNC" to me), but I get that it can reduce drag. It just looks so mean and effective at chopping and piercing, plus that thin handle looks great.

Posted using TapaTalk

Great work. The Hog Ultimate Combat Kukri is purpose built for combat, but it should also do very well processing wood.

Last edited:
Nice comparison between the khukri', I was wondering how they might compare. Thank you for your efforts.

Back