Tested: Titanium Delicas (VIDEO)

[video=youtube;d9TO31iHIX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9TO31iHIX0[/video]

For anyone on the fence on either of these two, I made a short video review to share my thoughts.

Nice vid OP.
For me it would be the ZDP and
Wilkins scales because they have some texture.

Cool video ,

I am a Delica fan , and the Titanium - Damascus was the first one I bought .
I've since purchased another five of different colours and steel options .
The one thing that the video didn't mention about the Ti -Dam is that the polished scales look secondhand after about one day of carrying and using the knife . That finish shows every single mark and scratch , it's not snail trails like you get on stonewashed scales its scratches and they look horrible .
I stopped carrying my one after a while because it annoyed the crap out of me every time I looked at the messed up scales .
Then one day I decided to do a DIY stonewashed of the scales , my rational was I cant make them look any worse than they already are .
It turned out great and the knife went back into service but with a ZDP 189 blade swap .
I love the Ti - Dam but my advice is stonewash the the scales or never use the thing other than fondling it in front of the
TV .

PS - I'll never get rid of my Ti - Dam but it's taken me a long time to admit the FRN scales are actually a lot more functional and appropriate for my requirements . My knives are work knives not show pony's and my Ti - Dam is now carried more on weekends and evenings as my " good knife " , when it comes to hard work the FRN is the first choice .

Ken

I plan to stonewash mine as well! What I really want is a fluted pattern machined into the Ti scales similar to the Native 5, but finding a maker that's willing to do a one-off will be tough.

I completely agree with you on the usability of the FRN scales. The thickness is just right and the grip and texture can't be beat.

I really like that Ti Damascus Delica. I am hoping my wife will get me one for our anniversary. :)

I carry my Ti/Damascaus quite frequently, and really don't see any undesirable markings on mine. I did use Renaissance Wax on the blade and scales when I first got it, but I doubt that would make that much difference.

Back