Testing

We've done some testing that we thought was appropriate and the new design passed with flying colors. My question is what kind of testing would you like to see? We're going to start video taping testing today but if we don't do the testing you want to see there might still be questions. I do not want that... So if you have testing that you want to see let me know. If it's possible and relevant we'll try to get it on tape...

What size is the knife and intended use? If it's a chopper: chopping, durability, general cutting (usually choppers aren't good here but good to know where it stands), something showing where the balance is, and a relative fatigue test of how tiring it is to use for a while.

For something smaller, like RMD size: cutting meats/foods, wood, wood processing, butchering and/or cleaning game, cardboard/EDC work, etc.

I like to use things like chicken and cardboard for relative cutting performance as it's easy to measure how "sticky" the media is on the blade. Potatoes and sweet potatoes are decent too because thick edges break the potato before it cuts so you can get a gauge for how well it slides into the potato before it chunks it off. Given, both of those favor a thin blade stock, but I've been surprised a few times with some convex grinds. I like to see knives used how we will use them and then honest opinions on how well it did, comparisons are nice but hard to come by.

What size is the knife and intended use? If it's a chopper: chopping, durability, general cutting (usually choppers aren't good here but good to know where it stands), something showing where the balance is, and a relative fatigue test of how tiring it is to use for a while.

For something smaller, like RMD size: cutting meats/foods, wood, wood processing, butchering and/or cleaning game, cardboard/EDC work, etc.

I like to use things like chicken and cardboard for relative cutting performance as it's easy to measure how "sticky" the media is on the blade. Potatoes and sweet potatoes are decent too because thick edges break the potato before it cuts so you can get a gauge for how well it slides into the potato before it chunks it off. Given, both of those favor a thin blade stock, but I've been surprised a few times with some convex grinds. I like to see knives used how we will use them and then honest opinions on how well it did, comparisons are nice but hard to come by.
i like this idea sounds, like Soup!

This new knife is a knife that you'll want to have with you if you're dropped into a swamp or the backwoods of Alaska... It is a knife that will not let you down. Because of the blade geometry it will slice like the claws of a traumatized Bobcat or cut wood like the teeth of a possessed Beaver. At the same time give you unparalleled blade strength...

00EyRlE.gif

I hope that it's sharp enough to cleanly slice tomatoes but strong enough to baton wood, and shiny.:D

My favorite are tests of tip strength. I don't like overly thick tips but I've had a phobia about breaking them ever since I was a kid when I snapped the tip off my grandpas fancy pocketknife. Lol!

Glad to see some movement here in this forum!!! Any video of rats being abused and I’m in. I say go to New York and chop the subway train I half as we all know New York has the biggest baddest rats in America so it’s fitting. :)

Last edited:
Mount the blade by the handle, put it at bumper level of a vehicle, drive said vehicle into knife at speed. A successful test run would be a cut from the front bumper right through the back.

I'm afraid that until I see this test I will always question; what if?

Eraticator some chopping and limbing and maybe feather stix
Mega Ratweiler baton the backside off it , see if it will flex
Can not wait to see some video

We were going to
Mount the blade by the handle, put it at bumper level of a vehicle, drive said vehicle into knife at speed. A successful test run would be a cut from the front bumper right through the back.

I'm afraid that until I see this test I will always question; what if?
do exactly that but the boss wouldn't let us use his Hummer and my Harley doesn't have a bumper....

We've done some testing that we thought was appropriate and the new design passed with flying colors. My question is what kind of testing would you like to see? We're going to start video taping testing today but if we don't do the testing you want to see there might still be questions. I do not want that... So if you have testing that you want to see let me know. If it's possible and relevant we'll try to get it on tape...
Let the Mega Ratweiler be a part of a high capacity log splitting machine! Mount the Ratweiler securely and let the machine push many large logs against it.

Back