Photos TGLB helped me get out of the rainforest

Keep sharing these stories! It means you made it back every time! .... Makes me want to go climb a hill, only problem, need to go a couple hundred miles to find a hill worthy ;)

Thank you. Nice story and really great pictures as well Nice start to my Saturday Morning.

Beautiful country, not unlike the temperate rainforests of our (US/Canada) Pacific Northwest. I’ve extricated myself from the head of a blind canyon in much the same way, but instead of stabbing into the ground I cut/dug/chiseled slots to use as hand/foot holds to “ladder” my way up a steep, unstable slope like that. Great to have a knife you can rely on without hesitation when the chips are down. (I’ve actually used that maneuver twice, once with a Basic 7 and another time with a Scrapper 5 LE.) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pro-quality pics, Currawong—very cool hike!:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Awesome story and great pictures, I can confirm its one tough knife. I should probably send my TGLB to Razor Edge knifes and have the tip restored and while at it re profiled .

Awesome!! For a guy from South Alabama USA this is surreal! It almost looks like you're on an entirely different planet in alien jungle :D

Great pics as usual mate !!!!! Humidity here was killer yesterday ! I was lucky to leave the air con !

If you do want to clean that dirt out of the finish, trott down to Woolies and into the the cleaning isle, grab a pack of "Magic Erasers" (the little foam block doohickies), they will pull it out in a flash !!

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the kind words. My clothes are still drying out, a day and a half later. I found a few more leech bites (sans the leeches) when I got home and figure the blood loss probably partly accounted for how tired I was feeling going up that hill. :)

Beautiful country, not unlike the temperate rainforests of our (US/Canada) Pacific Northwest. I’ve extricated myself from the head of a blind canyon in much the same way, but instead of stabbing into the ground I cut/dug/chiseled slots to use as hand/foot holds to “ladder” my way up a steep, unstable slope like that. Great to have a knife you can rely on without hesitation when the chips are down. (I’ve actually used that maneuver twice, once with a Basic 7 and another time with a Scrapper 5 LE.) :thumbsup:

Will I've been to the PNW a few times (Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Alberta and British Colombia) and yep, it's one of the most amazing places in the world! Has a similar feel to the forests around me, but probably closer to our forests in Tasmania which are much bigger, wetter and mossier. If I could live anywhere other than where I am, it would probably be there. I'm jealous you get to hang out there !! If I could go to one place I haven't been it would be the Olympic peninsula.

If you do want to clean that dirt out of the finish, trott down to Woolies and into the the cleaning isle, grab a pack of "Magic Erasers" (the little foam block doohickies), they will pull it out in a flash !!

Yes! I think I have one of these already, I'll have to look for it. A friend who makes knives gave it to me and I forgot what it was called. I'll go to Woolies and get some more. Cheers.

Back