Thai Blade Tools. (2)

This one is called E-Nep.
OAL 19" = blade 12" + bolster 1" + handle 6"

View

Like it?
wink.gif

Another of our three popular blades here.

[This message has been edited by Santi (edited 04-03-2001).]

Nice blade! I really like the shape and style of that one. What would it take for one of us forumites to get something like that?!?
wink.gif

All you have to do is ask, Dawkind.
wink.gif

There's one famous village here in Thailand, called Aranyik, that do all the native blade tools since the old time, like the one shown above. But that's about 6 hours drive back 'n' forth. (From my place.)

Fortunately I could find nearer shop (2-3 hours drive back 'n' forth, depend on the trafic) that bought Aranyik blade for re-sell. So, the price is higher.

I sent DeathDancer aka Rene this E-Nep 2 weeks ago. . .and it all cost me 50$.

That is include the blade 15$ (no sheath) + shipping 'n' packaging 25$ (Registered Express AirMail, not insured. Should reach USA within 10 days ) + a cup of Cappuchino and a gas.

If you want one . . . let me know.
smile.gif

(TTYTT, as you might know I don't do this for a living, not even a sideline . . . there's no big profit for me here, unless you count the cup of coffee as one.
wink.gif
)

[This message has been edited by Santi (edited 04-11-2001).]

To anyone interested, Santi goes through a lot of effort to acquire these knives. These are really outstanding blades (though I must admit that I am not expert), and I am very pleased with the E-Nep that I acquired.
The workmanship is outstanding, and you really need to feel the balance and weight to appreciate the knife. It also helps that they are very nice looking.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

------------------
Watakushi Wa Shinajin Desu
DeathDancer

Movement, transcends movement, transcends thought--Zazen Mantra

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeathDancer:

The workmanship is outstanding, . . .
</font>

Yes, I agree to that considering what it worth.
wink.gif

I'd like to add that Aranyik village has a long and outstanding history, truly admirable in terms of patriotism. I believe Blades magazine published an article about it sometimes last year (couldn't remember the exact month). In short, long time ago the craftsmanship of Aranyik was so renowned that the Burmese wanted to take them to their country to make weapons for them. Even though outnumbered, Aranyik people fought bravely to their last man instead of complying.

Santi, do they still make Thai swords at this time? I 'd like to check them out too when I'm back there.

Cheers,
Dew.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dew:
Do they still make Thai swords at this time?</font>

Yes, they do much the same primitive way.
wink.gif

Got the pic of the native home-made rattan sheath for you guys. And also how the local people are carrying it.
smile.gif

<center><A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1351993&a=12321363&p=50739104&Sequence=0&res=high" TARGET=_blank>
Thumbnail
</A></center>

<center><A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1351993&a=12321363&p=50597133&Sequence=0&res=high" TARGET=_blank>
Thumbnail
</A></center>

<center>
biggrin.gif
</center>

[This message has been edited by Santi (edited 06-22-2001).]

Now that's what I call; "large belly" and "recurved !"

------------------
Livin' Life ~ Full Throttle
------------------

Hey Santi,
I would like to know how much one of those cusomized versions with the wooden sheath would cost me. I am very interested. My wife is half Thai. I was in Thailand for three weeks in 1999. No more beautiful land or people in the world. If you want to e-mail about it my e-mail is montay28@hotmail.com . Thanks, and I look forward to talking with you.

Back