Thankfully some things don't change.

Many years ago I was way into modern knives, lots of customs from some of the best makers. A few years of that and I finally decided I just liked the Sebenza. It was every bit as good as just about every other knife I had in a nice, simple, and affordable package. Ended up carrying a small classic for many years and then one day sold it. Not really sure why, I'm sure I felt the need to spend the money on something else.

That was probably 6 years ago or so. Since that time I've either carried nothing or some sort of traditional slip joint. Just recently I decided I would like to have a Sebenza again so I went looking for a new small. Decided on th insingo blade, which wasn't around last time I bought one, and really like it so far. Maybe not as classic looking, but seems super functional for my general needs. But overall the knife is just like I remembered it. Sure, a few small tweaks to the design, but opening it up and feeling it lock into place....ah, like an old friend!

Happy to have a Sebenza again!

I've always considered it the Rolex Sub of the knife world...they make a good pair.

9A80BD0C-9859-4B9F-BF7D-BD3BA029BCB8.jpg

Nice combo !!!!!
Completely agree about the feel of the Sebenza over the years. I've got several from different years and they all perform the same.

Hope you don't mind me sharing a similar combo.... This 21 is from '12 and is super smooth. Worn in quite well. One of the best I have.

1P0oYqL.jpg

I bought my first Sebenza in 2006, a small regular. I remember just opening and closing it over and over again enjoying the precision. My knife collection has grown substantially and changed drastically since then, but has always housed several Sebenzas!

Hope you don't mind me sharing a similar combo.... This 21 is from '12 and is super smooth. Worn in quite well. One of the best I have.

Heck no, love it!

And they just get better as they wear in...this one is way too perfect right now, haha, needs some wear and scratches on these handles!

Yeah, 5 digits have the classic case profile, but love the clasp, bracelet, and maxi-dial on the 6 digits! And the super case grew on me once I tried it on, better on the wrist then in pics.

Back