Thanks again Buck and Tom Mayo !

Being VERY happy with my EDC Buck Mayo 172 "TNT" after some toothing problems of the very first series (I think I initially got one of the first 20 produced) and getting like two of the Northshore collaboration as well I today finally got my hands on one each of the 179 Hilo and 174 Cutback Buck/Mayo knives and what can I say - I´m VERY impressed with fit and finish, sharpness, smoothness, elegance - everything I expected and even more - thanks again Buck and Tom Mayo for such excellent products !!

Now finally these guys really need to do a LARGE Buck/Mayo TNT :D

Klaus

Well, I have had my Mayo 172 TNT for a month and a half now.
Cuts cheese, Spam, and pepperoni like there's no tomorrow!
Only two points that I don't care for...and neither are deal breakers.

1> The liner lock doesn't seem to engage enough. I can force it a bit more, but wish I didn't have to.

2> This one I am hoping someone can reply to with a doo-hickie I can get...
Don't care for the thumbhole and wish there was something like the OAB that I could put on it. Anyone know something that will engage a stud through the hole?

Thanks!
Goose.
BCCI 1190

Buckaholic said:
2> This one I am hoping someone can reply to with a doo-hickie I can get...
Don't care for the thumbhole and wish there was something like the OAB that I could put on it. Anyone know something that will engage a stud through the hole?
Dear Mr. Goose,
A OAB from SMKW fits just right. It engages just at the edge of the thumbhole.
Kind Regards,
Caveman.

J. MacDonald said:
Try wrapping a zip tie through the thumb hole.
I like that idea!
Just may be the ticket. Will see if I can find a small black cable tie in the garage.
The OAB works, but looks, well, f'd up.
Thanks MacDonald...
Goose.
BCCI 1190

Klaus said:
I today finally got my hands on one each of the 179 Hilo and 174 Cutback Buck/Mayo knives and what can I say - I´m VERY impressed with fit and finish, sharpness, smoothness, elegance - everything I expected and even more - thanks again Buck and Tom Mayo for such excellent products !!

Agree with all the above...the Hilo is a great knife
While I still prefer the 298GY for various reasons and the 110 for beauty, tradition, and functionality, the Hilo is great for all around use and I don't worry about messing up the handles or overall finish due to the price point.
Don't be surprised if you get one and you find it with you more and more each day.
Goose.
BCCI 1190

HiloCarry_op_800x519.jpg

Back