THANKS "brand" Fixed Blade Collection

This knife above is Thick HSS Hard 64-66 HRC. It's going to be a real Slasher!!!
The wood I started to flatten is Bocote.
It sure will be a heck of a slasher! I've not had any bocote but every picture I've seen it looks awesome!
love to try some black locust!!!
Just let me know how. :D
I'm leaving for the beach but gimmie a week and I'll get some nice handle size chunks cut. It would be fun to see someone else use a few pieces!

I own about 2 acres of land, half of which is entirely woods. An absolute buttload of it is black locust. I've considered using it for various wood projects for the properties you mention! My neighbor told me he once used some black locust from our area for a project and it was so hard they couldn't get a screw in it. They had no choice but to drill out a pilot holes for every single screw!! Apparently black locust is also some of the most rot resistant wood there is. I didn't know it polished nicely. Thanks for the info!

Yeah this tree fell at work, which the one property is completely surrounded by woods and it's mostly locust. It is just gorgeous all finished up. Different shades of brown and awesome grain. It polished up really well. Not quite ebony or purple heart shine, but darn close.

If you ever wonder how long it takes me to make a knife....?
Haha
The answer is Too Long. Too Long.

Today my knife doesn't look much different than yesterday... I did some handle work.... Glued on my liners, cut out it's rough profile, and drilled and counterbored my holes.hopefully I'll glue it up soon.

I modified my grinding table, and set it to approximately 2.5 degrees and I based my primary grinds to that. It's approximate, and I freehand all my work. I do notice the knives starting to look better.....This HSS is just painstakingly Slow ... I barely take anything off

This is my first knife that I'm finishing up while using my disk grinder. I can see a difference already.... Just today, an awesome member Here who bought an earlier knife of mine, posted It/his knife I made him....

I miss that knife. It was fun to make, and turned out really well. Sharp and Beefy.
But Now, I know I can make it Better.
Hopefully he will want another knife someday!
:D

I've always wanted an Applegate Fairbairn dagger...... I think the world might like one with a higher grade steel.....
Mine is sure to out cut others.

Early build

THANKS Brand Dagger
.125"thick HHS
O.D. Green Micarta.
Black fillers, white liners. Bronze/alum. Custom made hardware. Copper/nickel flared tubing.
Kydex sheath.

Sale Photos

Lots of Nitro V just got delivered.....
Expect some Choppers, Slicers, and Chef's.

If you ever wanted something, and your design fits with my style, maybe claim an unofficial spot..... Now is the time, before I cut this all up....then you are Stuck with what (I) like....haha

I still need to clean off the marking dye, and clean up the blanks, but I've got a large batch going out to the heat treater this week.....

*Only a few of these have been claimed so far.
Ask about thickness, size, etc., and availability.

Nitro-V:
Chef's @63-64HRC
Rest @ 62HRC

Tell me about # 9 in the carbon. Looks like it should make a nice buchers knife for breaking done joints.

Tell me about # 9 in the carbon. Looks like it should make a nice buchers knife for breaking done joints.

It's Actually inspired by the ESEE 6HM.... But bigger.
I have weird thoughts that go through my head of "What's the Perfect Knife"?
We All do, I know that.....
I'm a Huge Huge fan of the Kephart knife. It's probably perfect. Maybe My Favorite design that's not mine?

Well, I think the ESEE 6HM is close, too.
I might of overdone My version? Idk yet?
Almost every time I get a batch of steel, I carve out a profile of it.
Just hanging on hooks in my basement.
I think I got 80crv2, AEB-L, 15n20, maybe 3V? Idk, I keep cutting them.

This One is getting Hard.
I'm looking at a few non-hard ones in my shop right this second.....
I just love That design.

It reminds me,
I've mentioned this before here on BF.....
My wife's brother is a big knife guy..... He buys All kinds of stuff. Different tastes than me. He likes his stuff, I like mine.

He mumbles, and grumbled that All the knives that I make look like some kind of butcher knives.......

He, Doesn't have any of Mine.... Haha

He's right and all, but I don't like how he said it.

It's been too long since I made a knife for myself... Ive been wearing this for close to a month now.

It's going to be difficult to out this as my edc
Ingot D2 steel/Cryo
Lignum scales with chili liners.
*If you never smelled this species, you truly are missing out..... It's Very Spicy.
Copper Nickel Alloy tubing.

I need to update More often.....

In the pipeline, about to finish
Rat Stabber
AEB-L Chopper
Thin Kitchen Clever
Bad Ass, Camp Scalper
Death Dagger, BBQ Knife. "Burnt Offerings"
HSS edc clip
Bocote Utility Fighter

I Also need to etch my bocote utility fighter, and the "Rat Stabber" make sheaths for them, and let them go...... I think I hang on to them too long? :/

Last edited:
Back