Thanks Dad

GPyro

Gold Member
My father was never really into knives, tho he was a very talented toolmaker.

He could shape large pieces of steel on a huge "xyz" axis machine within thousands of an inch. He had attention to detail.

When it came to me, he taught me the value of reputation. It's the most valuable thing you have. It affects how people treat you, and opens your doors in the future. He was always there. He was a great provider and I'm proud to be his son.

I should probably draw a parallel here to knives, and that's easy to do when you have discovered a company like Buck Knives.....

Thanks to all that hold those values close to their heart.

Last edited:
When it came to me, he taught me the value of reputation. It's the most valuable thing you have. It affects how people treat you, and opens your doors in the future. He was always there. He was a great provider and I'm proud to be his son.

Are we brothers? Sounds like we have the same father. :)

My dad's words, "You only take two things to your grave - your name and your reputation."

Great post! :thumbsup:

Great post.

My dad is / was more of the here's a knife don't cut towards yourself, then tells you not to cut yourself every time you're using it type.
" If you had been more specific I'd know how not to cut myself and you wouldn't have to keep reminding me dad " :D

There were no real specific life lesson kind of moments, but I've got no complaints.

My father was never really into knives, tho he was a very talented toolmaker.

He could shape large pieces of steel on a huge "xyz" axis machine within thousands of an inch. He had attention to detail.

I should probably draw a parallel here to knives, and that's easy to do when you have discovered a company like Buck Knives.....

Thanks to all that hold those values close to their heart.

Great post. My father taught me everything I know about cars and how to be a man. Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there and I'm gonna end with a picture of the reason I get up every day.

IMG_20190515_175421.jpg

Back