1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Thanks Dad

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by GPyro, Jun 15, 2019.

1. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    My father was never really into knives, tho he was a very talented toolmaker.

He could shape large pieces of steel on a huge "xyz" axis machine within thousands of an inch. He had attention to detail.

When it came to me, he taught me the value of reputation. It's the most valuable thing you have. It affects how people treat you, and opens your doors in the future. He was always there. He was a great provider and I'm proud to be his son.

I should probably draw a parallel here to knives, and that's easy to do when you have discovered a company like Buck Knives.....

Thanks to all that hold those values close to their heart.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Excellent post, glad you're here:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. TAH

TAH Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2001
    Are we brothers? Sounds like we have the same father. :)

My dad's words, "You only take two things to your grave - your name and your reputation."

Great post! :thumbsup:

4. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Happy Father's day to the Dads in this Buck Forum. DM

5. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Great post.

My dad is / was more of the here's a knife don't cut towards yourself, then tells you not to cut yourself every time you're using it type.
    " If you had been more specific I'd know how not to cut myself and you wouldn't have to keep reminding me dad " :D

There were no real specific life lesson kind of moments, but I've got no complaints.

6. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Happy Fathers Day Everyone :thumbsup:

7. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Great post. My father taught me everything I know about cars and how to be a man. Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there and I'm gonna end with a picture of the reason I get up every day.

IMG_20190515_175421.jpg

8. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Happy Father’s Day

GPyro, sassafrassdogs3 and jbmonkey like this.
  9. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    My daughter got me a t shirt with my MTL pacific northwest leather logo on the back. Cool.
    Attach15832_20190616_222953.jpg Attach15831_20190616_222953.jpg

bucksway, pjsjr, GPyro and 6 others like this.