Thanks Sal !

vwb563

Gold Member
Thank you Sal for doing all you do for us fans and making Spyderco such a GREAT company! From a loyal customer....Virg.

Great company indeed.

They're always cranking out new and interesting designs using the latest steels, and still price things fairly. Not only that, but how many companies interact with their customers as much as Spyderco does? They have their finger on the pulse of the market like nobody else, which is why I'll be a loyal customer for life.

I've owned about 50 spyderco's in the last ten years and still have a couple dozen today. Spyderco is a great company all in all, from the novice to the knife maker.

Sal really is the man. Ive been nothing but impressed with my spydies.

And what speaks to me even more than the knives is Sal's character. I havent met the man, I hope to someday but just from interactions on the forum hes awesome. Way more up front and honest than other companies. They let their knives do the talking for them.

I'm not huge into brand loyalty, meaning that I'll buy whatever strikes my fancy at the time. That being said, I believe my Spydercos outnumber everything else that I have by at least 2-1. :D Fantastic knives.

Hi Vwb,

thanx for the compliment, but it's more of a team effort with some great staff.

sal

I've owned a lot of knives including customs and I still edc my spydercos more than any other knives. by far, my all-around favorites.

Thank you Sal for doing all you do for us fans and making Spyderco such a GREAT company! From a loyal customer....Virg.

+1 to this. I feel this and the CRK sub forums are by far the best here (to be fair I don't visit a ton of others but the conversations here are top notch and friendly). Tons of constructive criticism and praise given here and listened to. I believe this forum as a whole is a great place with a ton of knowledgeable folks that are invaluable to the manufacturers and should be utilized for the good and bad. After all these are the people that are using the snot out of these knives and are sure to let you know if there is something that they feel should be addressed. If the manufactures feel that it will better their product line then great. If they feel that it would only benefit a small few they may pass but thats for them to decide and I believe this sub forum in particular is a place where the customers have their requests listened to and sometime acted on. Bravo.

When I first got into knives, I found Spyderco knives to be odd looking and I didn't not have much interest. Now that I am more educated, I see them as the most functional knives out there and I find them beautiful as well. Of course I always have my eye on other brands and customs, but you can believe I always have a Spyderco on my person and will keep buying them. They are really my core knives I trust the most.

Sal and company never let me down and I really appreciate all they do bring such great knives at great prices. Just all around wonderful company. And Sal's friendly interaction and bits of wisdom on this forum is huge in my books.

I was "put off" for years by Spyderco knives appearance. I thought the hole was gimmicky and missed its practicality. I bought my first Delica in ZDP-189 a little over a year ago and discovered how practical and ergonomic Spyderco's knives were. Not long after that I "met" Sal Glesser on the forum. I admire him for his openness and to his evident commitment to making well thought out products. Thank you Sal (and company.)

Charles

Back