Thanks, Sarge.

Sarge is another believer in not giving knives because it will cut the friendship. Today I got a beautiful neck knife made by the old Sgt himself and nicely done it is. Also a beautiful brass plaque from Thailand -- classical Thai dancer -- many of whom I've seen up close and personal.

Many thanks, Sarge. Much appreciated.

Take a closer look at the bronze dancer Uncle, it's actually a very fancy bottle opener for those good imported beers that don't come with twist tops ;-)

What about all the GTAs? Oh, I guess we don't really know those boys presonally.

I have to say, i do not find this belief in operation for me personally. Knives are one of my most often given gifts, a close second after books. I gave Kershaws to my My groomsmen, all friends still.
hel, my wife gave me a knife for our wedding 13 years ago. Still goin' strong. It was part of an ancient Scandinavian/Germanic wedding ritual. Knife was symbolic as my place as defender of household, etc.

I gave wife a bi old key, symbolizing the keys to the house, holdings, heart, etc. You married stiffs know you pretty much hand the keys over in modern marriages anyhow! Heee!

Keith

Re: What about all the GTA's?
The GTA's weren't given to me personally like the KKs Uncle Bill gifted me with, different folks have different customs. I have, to be certain, made sure the recipients of all the donated khuks, not only know who they came from, but gave e-mail addresses as well. Given that, if you donated a khukri and don't hear from it's recipient right away, please don't think badly of them. Many of them are young enough to be my sons and this is their first combat deployment. They're juggling a whole lot of last minute details and emotions right now.
Speaking of emotions, Berkley, if you're tracking, it dang near broke my heart to issue out that little 14" Villager, I pruned my Sycamore trees with it and fell in love. Still, I couldn't square it with my conscience owning two khuks if one of my guys was without one.
Hopefully Uncle Bill will have some more in stock when we get back.

Sarge

Sarge, just glad the villager has a good home away from home!
not giving knives because it will cut the friendship...
What about all the GTAs?
:D

Attachments

• sarge\'s knives.jpg
    sarge\'s knives.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 72
Thanks Berk, now I'm blushing. My little knives are functional, but no great shakes compared to what other folks can do. Still, I do take some pride in doing it all by hand. Never owned a power tool except for a Dremel my brother gave me one Christmas, danged if I can remember where I put it.
About that villager. If a certain young gentleman doesn't keep it clean, sharp, and lightly oiled, he'll be doing pushups until the ground gets sore!

Sarge

Sarge = now I see what you mean about the wooden sheath end. Very nice, indeed!

Back