Thanksgiving

JK Knives

I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow with your families. Connie is working all weekend, so we had a small turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and corn yesterday when she was off work. Since she is working tomorrow I’ll be spending some time in the shop.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I'll mostly be lounging around the house, but I plan to drop by my brother's in-law's house for a little while. My family does "Thanksgiving" on the Saturday after as it is much more convenient for everyone and allows us to spend more time together.

we plan on hiding from the world - except maybe going for a walk or a bike ride, since the weathr is supposed to be spectacular tomorrow and Saturday - with rain Friday and a blizzard Sunday. (high Saturday 60, high Sunday 33 - with 5" of snow and 50 mph gusts)

first year with out any company over. I love guests but I also love not hosting and just spending time with my family. happy thanksgiving to yall and god bless.

I took a meat syringe and injected the turkey with 3 sticks of butter and seasoning then did a dry rub

equal parts butter, garlic, and the hot sauce of choice makes a good injection before deep frying.
(i.e. tabasco, franks, louisiana red hot, datil do it, yucatan gold, cholula, etc...)

I hope it was a good one! Mine was spent moving from Idaho to Montana. Luckily a good buddy of mine volunteered his trailer and his time to move my stuff. I was unloading into a storage unit and my new apartment, didn't really realize it was T-giving until about six that night. Wound up eating takeout from a fast food place, only thing open here in Bozeman. Hopefully everyone else had a good time.

Great fly fishing still to be found but the president rivers are very crowded between shore fishing, guided and non-guided fishing boats and partying tubers.

Went to some in-laws house on Thursday where they did the full-boat American menu. Dry, overcooked turkey and I couldn't get any dark meat because all the youngsters grabbed it first.

So I made up for it yesterday.

Porchetta. The Italian spelling. Boned, rolled, tied, and slow roasted. Pulled it at about 130°F. Seasoned with confit of garlic, fresh English thyme, sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns. Boned out with a Kephart-style knife. I like the spear point for this work.

82Qfv9O.jpg

Went to some in-laws house on Thursday where they did the full-boat American menu. Dry, overcooked turkey and I couldn't get any dark meat because all the youngsters grabbed it first.

So I made up for it yesterday.

Porchetta. The Italian spelling. Boned, rolled, tied, and slow roasted. Pulled it at about 130°F. Seasoned with confit of garlic, fresh English thyme, sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns. Boned out with a Kephart-style knife. I like the spear point for this work.

82Qfv9O.jpg
is that a jk knife?

No. Forum rules may not allow me to link it. Shoot me a PM and I'll spill the beans.

He got the overall dimensions right, but it's still a full flat grind, unlike the originals.

Back